• 11-04-2012
    jay80424
    Bell Bellistic full face at Jensen for $34
    Just picked one of these up in blue.

Fit is right on, (medium), and with the first time buyer coupon, shipping is free. 930 grams on my cheap scale. Has a clip chinstrap for easy on and off, and wore it with sunglasses for 4 hours last week with no issues.

It has 13, not 15 vents, but there are 2 more vents the top that are not cut out of the shell, so as soon as I get around to it, i'll cut those out.

Bell Bellistic Helmet '08 > Apparel > Helmets | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
  • 11-04-2012
    OldManBike
    Not everyone believes in helmet expiration dates. But there's a reason why a helmet made in 2008 (or 07, potentially) is deeply discounted at the end of 2012. Personally, my fullface helmet is one of the last places I'd be pinching pennies to squeeze extra lifespan out of. (And cutting more vents out of the shell? Seriously?)

Not trying to rain on your parade, congrats on your new helmet. $34 for a fullface beats the hell out of $400+ for a fullface any day. Just mentioning for others.
  • 11-04-2012
    TBarnaby
    I just sent off an email to Bell regarding their three year replacement guide and these helmets. I will update if/when I hear back. If the replacement is based on expected use I will probably pick one up myself.
  • 11-05-2012
    TBarnaby
    From Bell
    Quote:

Thank you for your email. The recommendation to replace your helmet is from the first use. It is the chemicals in your hair products, your sweat and just the environment itself that will break down your liner. As long as the helmet has been in a controlled environment, it will be fine for 3 to 5 years of service to you.
    Now off to order another helmet...
  • 11-05-2012
    OldManBike
    Good to know, thanks for posting.