mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Azonic Z5, Z6 armor users?

Just purchased Azonic Z-6 body armor. Seems like it will keep me cool and comfortable but the material is so stretchy I wonder , in crash, the shoulder pads feel like they will push right off, no straps there either ? Anyone else notice this ? I have a RG Flack Jacket, also, and the material has no give, hotter and less comfortable.

Glad to Be Alive
    I have found that the armour is one size too big....if you have not worn the thing yet then I would try one size down....normally i wear an XXL and now i have an XL, but I think I can fit into a Large (who knows)....make sure you wear a shirt over the armour...it helps hold the armour in place
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I have found that the armour is one size too big....if you have not worn the thing yet then I would try one size down....normally i wear an XXL and now i have an XL, but I think I can fit into a Large (who knows)....make sure you wear a shirt over the armour...it helps hold the armour in place
    Same with 661....order one size smaller. I actually like how snug RG feels but I agree it's definately hotter.
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS

I did just that - I originally ordered an XL but returned it for a large. Just seems like the shoulder pads need a strap placed around the arm pad. The L/XL RG jacket is super snug but rides up after every run which can be annoying. I want to try the Azonic but worry the shoulders pads will slip in a crash.

kona-tize me captain
    i have a 05 rockgarden flak jacket and its soo nice to me man. i honestly dont think its that hot either, i was suprised when i first used it. i ordered a s/m size and it fits me just right. oh well
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by keen
    I did just that - I originally ordered an XL but returned it for a large. Just seems like the shoulder pads need a strap placed around the arm pad. The L/XL RG jacket is super snug but rides up after every run which can be annoying. I want to try the Azonic but worry the shoulders pads will slip in a crash.
    The upper body part of the Z-6 runs large for sure. Maybe they're building armor to fit weight lifters? Get a snug fitting size and it feels much much better. Plus it's still way light and cool. The sizing is the reason I've got a brand new large I'd like to unload(see sig). The medium fits me great.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by keen

just run a shirt/jersey over the top and the shoulder pads stay in place during a crash
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Pro Crastinator
    as an owner of the Z5 and a very proficient crasher to boot, my armour always stay in place. even on the really nasty crashes.....