Thread: Armor question

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Armor question

I'm looking at getting a set of full upper body armor. I was looking at the dainese new jackets. I've noticed they are very expensive in comparison to other jackets. Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative to the dainese? I would like to be able to buy it for around $250. If dainese are really that much better what separates them from the other type of armor.

Thanks

mtbr member
    azonic and fox make some pretty tight suits for around your price range. of course theres always sixsixone too

Glad to Be Alive
    Azonic Z-6 is the same material as a Dinease
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Knolly Bikes for life!!!
    Apr 2005
    Rockgardn Flak Jacket.They get hot from what my bros tell me,but they are inexpensive and plenty of protection.I personally don`t use body armor.I`m a man(actually just an idiot)about it.

banned
    Mar 2005
    661 pressure suit

mtbr member
    I uses the Rockgardn and the heat isn't really a big issue. They are pretty tight fitting but they feel like a lycra t-shirt.

That's my name
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    They are pretty tight fitting but they feel like a lycra t-shirt.

You wear lycra t-shirts???
    Damn dude, that must be why you don't like bmxers!!!!!
    All those baggy clothes must be annoying for you to look at!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by gregz12
    I'm looking at getting a set of full upper body armor. I was looking at the dainese new jackets. I've noticed they are very expensive in comparison to other jackets. Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative to the dainese? I would like to be able to buy it for around $250. If dainese are really that much better what separates them from the other type of armor.

Thanks
    Azonic z-6 is great stuff for less than Dainese. I love mine.

Also, not to be spamish, but PM me if you're interested in a Large Z-6, brand new, with tags still on, in the bag it came in. Got the wrong size and couldn't return it. I've got a Medium now and it's awesome, but I'd like to get rid of the large.

mtbr member
    If you're in Canada, Hoots armour is awesome.
    http://www.hootsgear.com/armor_goods.html
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeMk
    Azonic z-6 is great stuff for less than Dainese. I love mine.

Also, not to be spamish, but PM me if you're interested in a Large Z-6, brand new, with tags still on, in the bag it came in. Got the wrong size and couldn't return it. I've got a Medium now and it's awesome, but I'd like to get rid of the large.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    661 Pressure suit... I love mine and the older yellow ones make you look like a character from Tron!
    If it can't kill you, then it ain't extreme
    - G-Mac

kona-tize me captain
    id like to get some armor once i start going a lil bigger, i just think of it as 300 for an armor suit, or 3,000+ for a hopsital bills. my vote is for 661
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    id like to get some armor once i start going a lil bigger, i just think of it as 300 for an armor suit, or 3,000+ for a hopsital bills. my vote is for 661
    umm the Azonic Z-6 is under $160.00
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Azonic

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    umm the Azonic Z-6 is under $160.00
    I was looking at the Azonic online, the only problem I see with it, is fit. I'm 6'4 and have a long torso. I also have a size 34inch waste and 45inch chest (yep I gave up working out...). The Azonic XL has a 38inch waste and a huge chest. No shops around here stock the XLs so it's hard to try some on to get the right size. Decisions, decisions….

Keep on Rockin...

Rock Garden....

I was in the same boat about 2 months ago. After much research I gave Rock Garden a call and spoke personally with the fellow who runs the operation. That in itself is worth a lot. Very nice guy and very helpfull. I went with the Flak Jacket and have been extremely happy. Good fit. Snug. Sure, it's warm, but there's no way of getting around that no matter what suit you get. Seems like 99% of the heat that bothers me is from the full-face helmet anyway, so no matter what suit I wear I'd still be hot. The arm pads come off to use by themselves if needed. That's a nice touch.

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I just bought the Fox Launch suit and really like it. Very breathable, feels like you have nothing on even with the huge spine protector. I bought the shin guards as well, those are nice too.
    pay me

pwn3rator
    dainese is really low profile, go with it iom...
    [SIZE=-4]SOCAL UNION REPREZENT[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.