No Shades of Gray

Armor for 5yr. old

I'm looking to armor up my boy who is starting to want to ride over logs and wants me to build him ramps. I've seen a Fox Kids shin/knee guard but not sure what else is available and well liked. Also not sure if the Fox version fits a 5yr old or more like a 10yr old. Looking for elbow gear and for any kind of chin strap which may be available for mounting onto a bike helmet.

Product suggestions and where to buy them please. My boy is itching to jump but he's getting "zero" air until I buy him gear.

Thx.
    L.
    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live" -- Mark Twain

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    Check out www.danscomp.com. They specialize in BMX gear, and if you're not sure on size, give 'em a call. They helped me pick what size jersey to get when I started racing a few years ago. They have lots of stuff for wee kids.

I was at the BMX track in New Paltz, NY last Friday, and there was a 3-year-old in the 5-and-under class. He was on a micro-mini bike, itty-bitty jersey, race pants and full-face helmet (required at the track), too. Very cute, and did a good job getting up the hills for such a little guy.

Kathy :^)
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

IJR
    I Just Ride
    Like lucky said dans comp has good deals on stuff for little kids and big kids. I've ordered from them before and got good service.

For my kids (4yo boy & 8yo girl) I use my forearm/elbow guards for their shin/knee guards. My 4yo uses my roach pads (now raceface) and my 8yo uses my old 661 pads.

I wish I could say that I discovered this but I didn't, my little girl wanted to play with my old 661 pads after I got my new roach ones and put the forearm/elbow pads on her legs and they fit perfect.

I'll probably get some more roach pads for my little girl since they offer more protection and stay in place better than the 661 pads do.

Shreddin the Cul de Sac

My 5 YO

Has worn his cheapie kmart skateboard knee and elbow pads when he needed a little extra courage. That's him shredding in my Avatar:

Quote Originally Posted by linerider
    I'm looking to armor up my boy who is starting to want to ride over logs and wants me to build him ramps. I've seen a Fox Kids shin/knee guard but not sure what else is available and well liked. Also not sure if the Fox version fits a 5yr old or more like a 10yr old. Looking for elbow gear and for any kind of chin strap which may be available for mounting onto a bike helmet.

Product suggestions and where to buy them please. My boy is itching to jump but he's getting "zero" air until I buy him gear.

Thx.
    L.
    keep moving

No Shades of Gray

Fox has a REAL toddler size

Figured I let everyone know what I found just in case someone has a need.
    I got on the phone with Fox and they pointed me to a toddler version aimed at 3-7 yr. olds. I could not find these anywhere but on their site. $9.95/pr., so not bad. The ones you see online for kids (sometimes stating "toddler" size) are misleading as they do not wrap tight enough for the average 5 yr. old according to their measurement chart. Those are more "youth" than toddler.

image of the 08015 toddler model attached.

Thx for the help.
    L.

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee
    Has worn his cheapie kmart skateboard knee and elbow pads when he needed a little extra courage. That's him shredding in my Avatar:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live" -- Mark Twain

Ft Lewis Bound
    Aug 2004
    Take a look at this, might be a bit expensive for kids but I have the normal size and it gives me good protection.

http://rockgardn.easystorecreator.co...parent_ids/0,1

just comething to look at as well...

Craig
    Those of us that kill for a living, love to ride and get away from all the BS.