mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Anyone use 661 Evolution Helmet? (Legend)

So I really like the look of the 661 Evolution Legend White helmet, and am trying to find info on it. It looks like its specced pretty good and has good ratings and certifications, but im looking for real-world use info...

Anyone have one and like it? Weight?

Comparison to Giro Remedy?

Im trying to decide between the Remedy White Zombie and the Evolution Legend.
    Last edited by ZenkiS14; 11-26-2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Wrong title and info

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have the distressed red, which is the same helmet just different colors (as far as I know). fairly light, quite comfortable, minimal padding that does its job correctly (which is nice for keeping your head cool, stays fairly well put and doesn't slide around.

The remedy line feels to round for me, If I had a rounder head I think I'd like it, but trying on my two roommates helmets neither has ever felt comfortable.

Anyway the evolution is relatively light weight, and keeps your head cool and is comfortable. Its not a weight weenie helmet though, so dont' get it thinking its going to be a deviant. Only complaint is that the mouth guard is just slightly too close, but not a real big issue, I can still breath just fine and my goggles fit in just fine (used dylan dean designs goggles, smith, utopia, currently using oakley, all fit and work fine).

I'd recommend.

I think one of the mods on this site did a helmet shoot out.

mtbr member
    I have the carbon one.

It's pretty nice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Comparison with Remedy?

mtbr member
    I have both here. The remedy is a very nice helmet, but I find it round. Really it fits well, its comfortable, and doesn't move a bunch. Same thing goes with the Evolution, but i like how it looks a lot more. If I had to choose between the 2, I think I'd be vain and choose the Evolution carbon. Mmmm.
    Stuff.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com
    I have both here. The remedy is a very nice helmet, but I find it round. Really it fits well, its comfortable, and doesn't move a bunch. Same thing goes with the Evolution, but i like how it looks a lot more. If I had to choose between the 2, I think I'd be vain and choose the Evolution carbon. Mmmm.
    Thanks for the info. But if you had to choose one of the two, what do you think?

Ive got a week or so to decide between these two helmets.

mtbr member
    I have the carbon version, and at first I was pretty worried because it was very tight but it wore in a bit and it fits perfectly, so I think the sizing chart is pretty accurate. The carbon version doesn't feel particularly light (although I am biased because I used to have a deviant) but I doubt the regular version is much heavier. The mouth guard is closer in to my face than I am used to, but overall I love the helmet. My dad has it too and he loves his as well.
    and of course they are great looking helmets

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Well I went with the 661 Evo Legend White! Gorgeous looking helmet, the Small ended up fitting perfect, so Im really excited to be rocking this next season of DJ and BMX racing! I'l get pics when I get them!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Here it is! Love it. Cheek pads are a bit tight, but I assume they will break in a bit...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    nice helmet...just ordered one myself (exact same color). got it for a steal, you'll have to tell me how you like it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Evos are sick, it's all about what fits you best though. I ran a Remedy for a couple years, and really prefer the Evo now. Fits my head better, and I like that the chin guard is in a bit closer, but not so close as to get blowback breath on the goggs. I smashed mine super hard end of the race season last year, just ordered up one of the 2010 colors (cyan/black/white), it looks sweet.