mtbr member

Anyone seen any good deals on armor?

Anyone seen any good deals on armor (upper body) lately, I have been killing myself at Diablo and think its time to get a set...
    "Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by canada17
    Anyone seen any good deals on armor (upper body) lately, I have been killing myself at Diablo and think its time to get a set...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/RockGardn-Flack-...QQcmdZViewItem

It appears they only have small, med, and large left. I ordered an XL and they sent me an '05 model because they ran out of the XL for '04. That didn't fit so I returned it and they sent me an '05 XXL/XXXL for only a few bucks more, which fits like a glove...a glove that fits, that is.... They hooked it up.

gnar, brah
    I got a 661 Pressure Suit, Fox knee/shin guards, and full-finger 661 gloves from JensonUSA.com

Total cost was like $89.
    Trestle Bike Park

Absurd

Cambria Bike Outfitter gave me a great deal on my Dainese full shuttle suit. It was at the Sea Otter, but I think I got their normal web price. It is an 03, got it for $420, tax and all, I think they have 05's for more money.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpalooza
    I got a 661 Pressure Suit, Fox knee/shin guards, and full-finger 661 gloves from JensonUSA.com

Total cost was like $89.
    The reason why the only thing I don't purchase online is food. The days of paying retail prices are done.

mtbr member
    Yea Cambria gots the '04 Flak Jacket for like 109.00 I think. But BeyondBikes has the best deal I've seen on '05 661's for like 129.00 (last time I checked) I'm kinda teeterin back and forth between the RG and 661 myself.
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yeah man Some very good deals on body armour. Its called large bubble Wrap. a whole **** load of that stuff came with my bike. So... I wraped my self with it and went to the DH hill and did not have a problem. It might cost you like 10-20 bucks a role but good for the day. *note after a crash replace the wrap to that area. You do hear the bubbles Popping.

I hope that tip helps But I dono how Hobo you are so... that's the best deal I can get you. Have fun.

mtbr member

bought a set

I tried the Cambria but they only have the large and I'm a it of a clyde so I need the XL, no way im fitting into a large. I tried the bubble wrap idea once...doesnt do well on the skidding, sliding down hill type crash, kind of hot too. I ended up buying the Pressure suit off Beyond bikes for $129.99.
    "Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    No upper body armor , purchased online . is going to be a deal if it doesn't fit. I speak from experience. I purchased four brand new jackets 661, Azonic , Mace & RG - settled on the rock Garden but the fit on jackets is brand specific - try one on before you buy it.