Lucifer rides an mtb

Anybody tried Oakley Radar Lock mtb shoes?

I read an article late last year that talked about a new Oakley mtb shoe coming out this season. I looked at their web site and it looks like the one I had seen is called the Radar Lock. Anybody have experience with them? Worth $100?
    Last edited by Big K; 05-25-2005 at 08:08 PM. Reason: finger check

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    hey ya man, i have them....they actually are not new for this season, although did see the article you are tlakign about. Ya i love them to death....very conforable....clip in an out with my SPDs wonderful....great shoe....best youc oudl ask for...got any questions person message me.

O ya if you get them get them a size larger than the shoe size you have,unless you alreayd have oakley shoes, they run theirs a half size small.

Lucifer rides an mtb

good to know

Quote Originally Posted by MTBdave
    hey ya man, i have them....they actually are not new for this season, although did see the article you are tlakign about. Ya i love them to death....very conforable....clip in an out with my SPDs wonderful....great shoe....best youc oudl ask for...got any questions person message me.

O ya if you get them get them a size larger than the shoe size you have,unless you alreayd have oakley shoes, they run theirs a half size small.
    Thanks for your input - I have had great luck with all things Oakley so far and trust these would be the same.. appreciate the tip on size - totally spaced that item.. you're right, I have a pair of their sandals and they are about a half-size bigger than my other shoes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

had em for a month

Quote Originally Posted by Big K
    Thanks for your input - I have had great luck with all things Oakley so far and trust these would be the same.. appreciate the tip on size - totally spaced that item.. you're right, I have a pair of their sandals and they are about a half-size bigger than my other shoes.
    any chance you wear a large size like a 13? i do. i find them to be very tight on my mallet c pedals. the shoe rubs the crank arm.
    they are good fitting and well made, except that my right shoe seems to have been made more narrow then the left. i get a pinching sensation around the outside small toe area. i sent them a e-mail regarding this, no word yet.