Back at it and LOVIN' it!

Anybody riding with or have ridden BG Trail 110 shoes???

Like 'em or not?

I like the idea of the ankle support and the ankle protection but wonder if riding a high topped cycling shoe would be comfortable or not? Too much rubbing?
    Last edited by hncreature; 10-09-2008 at 01:49 PM.
    Ride Hard - Ride Safe - Have Fun

Go s#!t...I'm not a fish

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hncreature
    Like 'em or not?

I like the idea of the ankle support and the ankle protection but wonder if riding a high topped cycling shoe would be comfortable or not? Too much rubbing?
    I got a pair for winter riding. My BG Comps breathe way too easy and were just too cold (even with two pairs of wool socks). I got the Trail 110's one size larger. I have mixed feelings about the ankle support. Sometimes it feels supportive while other times it feels like it limits my mobility. I haven't fully broken in the shoes but I will this winter.

The reason I went with the Trail 110 is because nothing else I tried was a breathable or comfortable for cool weather riding. The Trail 110's footbed feels exactly like the BG Comps.

For ONE pair of shoes, I would recommend the BG Comps.

BMF
    Oct 2007
    Been riding them since early July and would get them again. Great shoe. I like a little ankle support for hike-a-bike stuff and for the added protection against rocks, scrub, etc. I have scraped up against a few gritty/sharp rocks and the upper of the shoe has taken the abuse well - no problems there. The sole is pretty grippy and I have an easier time on rocky stream crossings and steep hike-a-bikes than my buddy in his 120s.

Even in the hotter months here in SoCal I didn't find them to feel any hotter than any other shoe I have had over the years. If anything, they seem pretty light and breathable to me. I even get a pattern of dust/dirt spots on my socks after each ride, so I know they are ventilating well.