mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Any Body Make a Well Padded Palm Glove?

Looking for a full finger glove that has some real padding on the palm, the opposite of the current trend as I can "feel the bars" just fine. I really think the industry is missing a niche here. A glove with old school padded knuckles etc but with padded palms, something to protect your hands in a fall on to rocks. You wouldn't have to use these gloves all the time but say after you have a crash and you have bruised hands and don't want to hurt them again while your recovering and you take another fall on subsequent rides later on. It would be nice if they were cycling gloves as then they would more than likely have a brow wipe on the thumb unlike the freeride/downhill, moto specific gloves.
    Any body got any recommendations?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crossmax View Post
    Looking for a full finger glove that has some real padding on the palm, the opposite of the current trend as I can "feel the bars" just fine. I really think the industry is missing a niche here. A glove with old school padded knuckles etc but with padded palms, something to protect your hands in a fall on to rocks. You wouldn't have to use these gloves all the time but say after you have a crash and you have bruised hands and don't want to hurt them again while your recovering and you take another fall on subsequent rides later on. It would be nice if they were cycling gloves as then they would more than likely have a brow wipe on the thumb unlike the freeride/downhill, moto specific gloves.
    Any body got any recommendations?
    Hmmm perhaps some lifting gloves might have the type of padding you seek.

My favorite, go-to glove is the Fox Reflex Gel which has ample padding for reduced fatigue and or numbness, but sounds like your looking for more padding than the gel inserts would provide.

I'd google some weight lifting gloves,preferably with a wrist wrap. You might find something that would suit your needs

gnewcomer aka OldMtnGoat

mtbr member
    Mechanix Impacts?
    Time wounds all heels...

re member
    If you have a Specialized shop nearby, go check out their BG Gel gloves.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I've got the Fox Reflex Gel gloves and love em.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Already using the Specialized Gel Reflex gloves and I like them but want more padding in the palms.