A God Without A Name

Affordable "Manpris" AKA Shants, Knickers, Skorts? Sharts?

I'm not at all worried about the fashion implications of being a husky fellow in ladypants. I just need something more functional to ride in. My work and my fat behind don't allow for spandex. but I need some Leg covers that breathe, don't get eaten by chains and are not 110 dollars.

Competent User

Affordable "Manpris" AKA Shants, Knickers, Skorts? Sharts?

I have a pair of Endura Hummvee 3/4 that ride fantastic. They're still a little pricey at about $90 on the web these days. Size up, because they're British and 'Mericans are big.

Off the back...
    Try the Swrve stuff, made in L.A. They have 3 different fabric weights, as well as a "Sprinter" cut for guys with bigger legs. Very happy with mine.

In all things I've ever done, affordable, or not, never wanted a shart.

For baggy shorts, get a removable liner w/ chamois, and check online for sales on Fox, or Endura.

mtbr member
    I have a bunch of the Endura Humvee 3/4. They are my favorites for riding in any weather. I've found the cheapest place to get them is from $55 and free shipping to the US. Definitely size up if you are bigger guy. I'm a 30 waist and the smalls I wear are a tight, but still comfortable fit.

mtbr member
    Aerotech Designs has some really nice knickers. Lightweight, stretchy fabric that has held up really well to some gnary wrecks. I've actually found that I want to size down on most of their offerings other than jerseys.

You definitely do not want a pair of sharts. One is bad enough.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    i'm bumping this. sorry.

Knickers. i ride a lot. i also had surgery on my knee that left me a scar that is effen sensitive to the sun. i like to keep it covered with a longer pair of shorts. i sometimes tape it with Luekotape P. Winter time presents a different challenge. the scar gets cold and sore.

i am blown away that there are so few "long shorts" on the market for cyclist.

i almost choked how how proud they are of the $150
    Louis Garneau Tech MTB Padded Kinckers.. seriously..bill and half..sunscreen and Leukotape.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.