mtbr member
    Jan 2004

661 Storm Watch gloves at STP for $16

Although it's been mild here for a few week, it's gonna get cold, so I thought this deal would interest some riders.

They've got some other apparel and parts now reduced 20%. I'm not afilliated, just a long-time customer.

BTW: STP is SierraTradingPost ( dot com ! )

JT

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobart
    Although it's been mild here for a few week, it's gonna get cold, so I thought this deal would interest some riders.

They've got some other apparel and parts now reduced 20%. I'm not afilliated, just a long-time customer.

BTW: STP is SierraTradingPost ( dot com ! )

JT
    Awesome! I needed a pair of colder weather gloves. Mine were just stolen.

long standing member

Not all that great for cold, cold weather

The Storm Watch is a nice glove, I have a pair and I like them. A couple of caveats, though.

1. IMO they are not a cold weather glove. If it's below freezing, my hands get cold. And I'm not the type of person who gets cold easily. If one is looking for true cold weather gloves, I would suggest looking at different glove.

2. They are not windproof (or waterproof). Resistant, maybe, but I feel the wind (and it affects my hand temperature) when I'm at speed (particularly while road riding).

3. The palms seem to be wearing down pretty quickly. I've only had them for 2-3months of riding 1-3 times per week and the material is not holding up all that well.

Now that I've listed my complaints about these gloves, I realized that I don't really like them that much .

Just wanted to provide some additional input. Take is for what it's worth.

Patrick