Its got what plants crave

661 Race Lite leg armor - any good?

I like the Roach stuff but it's a bit bulky. I live in balmy Florida and will be wearing this stuff during our sweltering summers, so bulky = bad. I'm more likely to wear my armor if it's not uncomfortable. That said, I also don't need tons of protection either, as I'm not an extreme rider by any means. I just want some protection from my bike and the rocks if I take a spill. Would these fit the bill?

Is flexy
    I had a pair and they weren't bad but they did have the tendency to slide down. Shifting seems to be a problem with many leg/shin combos though so it may not be specefic to the race lites. They were cool and light but the shifting got annoying. I've since gone to the 661 Kyle Strait knee pads and haven't looked back. The race lites have been banished to the back seat of the jeep as loaner pads now.
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    I had a pair and they weren't bad but they did have the tendency to slide down. Shifting seems to be a problem with many leg/shin combos though so it may not be specefic to the race lites. They were cool and light but the shifting got annoying. I've since gone to the 661 Kyle Strait knee pads and haven't looked back. The race lites have been banished to the back seat of the jeep as loaner pads now.
    Wanna sell em?

Recovering
    The race lites are pretty terrible pads for trail riding. CONSTANT slippage. I regret riding with them for as long as I did. Would definitely not recommend them to anyone.

I ride with RaceFace Rally FR pads now, and they're worlds apart- great pads that never slip and are also plenty cool with the open back...
    Former New Yorker, now in Fort Collins
    http://www.nycmtb.com

Is flexy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Wanna sell em?

If you really want them does 25 plus shipping sound fair? they are scratched but no rips or anything. If you don't really want to buy them I'm not offended at all. Haha.
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

Quote Originally Posted by jbogner
    The race lites are pretty terrible pads for trail riding. CONSTANT slippage. I regret riding with them for as long as I did. Would definitely not recommend them to anyone.

I ride with RaceFace Rally FR pads now, and they're worlds apart- great pads that never slip and are also plenty cool with the open back...

I will most likely be using them for trail riding. That's a shame that they slip down, they looked very comfortable and minimal which is sorta what I was looking for. But, I'm more likely to wear it if it's comfortable and if they slip all the time I doubt I'd end up wearing them. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    If you really want them does 25 plus shipping sound fair? they are scratched but no rips or anything. If you don't really want to buy them I'm not offended at all. Haha.

If there are any positive reviews after this point, I will still consider them. I'll let you know but so far things aren't looking good

( o Y o ) 's!!
    I'm currently using them and they keep slipping down and rotating to my ankle. It's a real pain in the arse. I may just put some lines of silicone on the inside of the straps to help them stay put. They are breathable and lightweight which is good but won't you any good if you smack your knee after they slide down.

Flying Goat
    i'm using them and they seem to do a pretty good job of staying in place and protection... love'em...

Bike Ninja |||
    Had em, liked the protection, very light, breathed well, no chafing issues, good foam knee cup on the inside.

Did slip a bit, not too bad. just adjust them on the lift each time.

Replaced them with some fox launch pads, best full knee/shin i've used hands down.
    still have the 661s if you in colorado pm me.
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Why not use them with the 661 knee wrap to hold them up?

http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661...4-3aed8264caf1
    Go BIG or Go HOME

EastBaySteez
    ya my buddy has them They have saved his legs a few times.
    But hes adjusting them CONSTANTLY (as stated above) maybe a bead of silicone on the straps.

They are light and breath really well.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

Members who have read this thread: 0