!sdrawkcab kcusuoy aH

661 pro bravo CF friday afternoon helmet?

Showed up in the mail today and it looks like sh!t??? there are air bubles all over under the top layer of resin. does anyone else have this problem? Should I see about a warranty claim or is this normal??? Anyway I am a little disapointed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gangbusters
    Jun 2007
    CF sucks!

Gangbusters
    Jun 2007
    return that **** for a TLD

Capricious youth...
    TLD is too expensive.

I have a Bell Bellistic and it's frickin' awesome.

Go for one of those!
    Meh.

Midwest Rider
    Mine's a couple years older, the finish wasn't messed up but the chin bar/mouth port whatever is off-center. Looks whack but I still sport it.
    Gary Fisher Tassajara ∑ Santa Cruz Heckler ∑ Hoffman Disrupter IL1 ∑ Suzuki DR-Z400SM | | [PICS]

!sdrawkcab kcusuoy aH
    Everything else is fine with it. except that one side and after a few crashes you wont notice the air bubbles at all. know what I mean.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Refund time.

!sdrawkcab kcusuoy aH
    Quote Originally Posted by colombo357
    Refund time.
    I just sent pics to 661's warrenty dept. to see what their opinion is. I purchased it online so we will see.......besides that I have a FR comp coming up on the 16th and I dont want to buy another helmet while this one is being shipped around the world for warrenty B.S......

Gangbusters
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tunelvision
    Everything else is fine with it. except that one side and after a few crashes you wont notice the air bubbles at all. know what I mean.
    After a few crashes it is time for a new helmet

NICE KID...NICE

That sucks

Return the b!tch. I have 2 of those helmets and they are both perfect. No air bubbles what so ever. Sorry dude.
    "At that point man, your just riding your bike."

Transition

Pedalshop

DenverDH'er
    That never should have left the factory. I loved my 661 but if it came like that, I'd have sent it back.

Bike Hustler
    no bubbles here either

Glad to Be Alive
    man that ain't nothing.......ride it...mine had the same thing....no big deal
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

DenverDH'er
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    man that ain't nothing.......ride it...mine had the same thing....no big deal

It may be "nothing" but it's not what he paid for. If your frame came like that, with bubbles in the clear coat or powder coat, would you keep it or send it back?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    return it for a regular full bravo, the cf is only 3 oz lighter than the regular full bravo
    2016 Santa Cruz Hightower 29er
    2016 Chromag Surface 27.5+
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by rep_1969
    It may be "nothing" but it's not what he paid for. If your frame came like that, with bubbles in the clear coat or powder coat, would you keep it or send it back?
    a few bubbles...I would keep it
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrobert81
    After a few crashes it is time for a new helmet
    It really depends on the crashes. After a big pile up where you knew you hit your head hard or there is lots of visible damage, then yes, you should get a new one, but your helmet just gets scratched while sliding over rocks and stuff. IMO changing helmets after every couple of crashes is a little excessive(obviously depending on the crash), especially when your replacing it with a new CF TLD

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover Nick
    It really depends on the crashes. After a big pile up where you knew you hit your head hard or there is lots of visible damage, then yes, you should get a new one, but your helmet just gets scratched while sliding over rocks and stuff. IMO changing helmets after every couple of crashes is a little excessive(obviously depending on the crash), especially when your replacing it with a new CF TLD
    FYI....a helmet doesn't have to show visable signs to be bad......because the energy asorbing foam maybe crushed, but it doesn't look like it

somewhere in socal
    bubble free here too.......

!sdrawkcab kcusuoy aH
    Quote Originally Posted by VTSession
    return it for a regular full bravo, the cf is only 3 oz lighter than the regular full bravo
    weight is not a concern of mine...otherwise I wouldnt have eaten that foot long sub for lunch and i like the CF

and the crashes I am talking about involve light hits and scratches nothing major.

still waiting on 661 warrany guy.................

mtbr member
    comign from experience with building cf products i will tell you the bubles are most likely not in the "top" layer of the resin ans it is nearly impossible for air to get to tha layer as the helmet is built inside out. in other words the last layer of resin would tecknically be put on the inside of the helmet. most lelekly what you are seeing is bubbles in a clear coat that was put on before the cf resin was fully sured and the gases from the resin actuators got trapped in the clear or it may even actually be the mold release that wasnt fully cleaned off before painting causing what looks liek an air bubble but its actually almost liek a clear wax trapped under the clear.

StraightOuttaCompton
    kill the fool who made it, and then ask him for a new one, hahaha, but hat sucks and doesnt look all that great for a new helmet either
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Just keep it hell if your moving faster than 5mph no ones gonna notice anyways.

If it were a structural integrity issue than by all means i would say be concerned but its not, its merely cosmetic and If your more concerned about cosmetics on an object designed to save your life, your not buying it for the right reason.

...And your right after a crash you won't notice it. I have the same helmet and scratches on rocks leave nice white lines that are 10X uglier than those microscopic bubbles. I would say don't waste 661's time with petty warrenty claims, they have enough on their plate most likely.

( o Y o ) 's!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigEhit
    comign from experience with building cf products i will tell you the bubles are most likely not in the "top" layer of the resin ans it is nearly impossible for air to get to tha layer as the helmet is built inside out. in other words the last layer of resin would tecknically be put on the inside of the helmet. most lelekly what you are seeing is bubbles in a clear coat that was put on before the cf resin was fully sured and the gases from the resin actuators got trapped in the clear or it may even actually be the mold release that wasnt fully cleaned off before painting causing what looks liek an air bubble but its actually almost liek a clear wax trapped under the clear.

!sdrawkcab kcusuoy aH
    from the horses mouth ;
    There are indeed some inherent bubbles that appear in the resin from manufacturing. While these do not affect the safety of the helmet I understand the cosmetic issue.

If you wish you may send the helmet to us for a possible warranty inspection. Please provide your address if other than that listed and the helmet size so that a return authorization # can be issued to you.

Thank you,

mtbr member
    If it's only cosmetic..... STICKERS DUDE!!!!

J/k

mtbr member
    my bud has just bought a 661 full comp only £60 but the finish is absolute crap the vents on top arent even finished of nicely at all,still rough edges.

Members who have read this thread: 0