mtbr member
    Sep 2013

You're estimate?

I'm about to buy this bike after doing a lot of research but I don't enough about bike parts to know if the price is good. Without looking up the price, what would your estimate be of the price about? It would really help me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You're estimate?-stats.png  

mtbr member
    Are these parts attached to a bike frame?

mtbr member
    That looks like a spec from bike bling or colorado cyclist or one of those places. You need to look at the whole deal, and not break out parts separately. That's a high end set up though. Pricey.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    This is sold on the frame. It is from a small German bike company under the name Radon. The price is set at 2400 Euros (3170 dollars). WOuld you guys think its worth it? I've looked up some of the prices of the single parts such as the Fox Floats (fork) and it was usually floating (no pun intended) around 1000 euro. SO I would guess it was a good deal compared to buying the parts separately but compared to other "bundle sold bikes", I don't know enough to fully compare. YOu opinions?

mtbr member
    Can't you just give us all of the info on the bike?
    Is it any of these?
    Radon All Mountain (140-150mm) MTB Fullsuspension Bikes

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    RADON Bikes Slide 150 E1

Sorry about that, I wasn't thinking ^^

mtbr member
    It seems like a nice bike! I'm completely unfamiliar with that chain guide thing. and I'm not that familiar with the company, but if looks mean anything (and they usually do) plus the components, it seems like a good deal. Have you ridden one?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    $3170 sounds pretty inexpensive for a bike spec'd with all those components. I'd expect it to be more in the $4500 to $5500 range if I didn't know any better. Look into the frame reliability, geometry, etc., and if everything seems kosher, go for it!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I have not ridden this exact model, due to the small company size, there is only one store 6 hours from where I live but I have riden numerous bikes from the company. I friend's familly only has bikes from the brand and they are very happy with the products. ALso, I have been on the German equivelent of this site (not as big but more familiar to the brand) and the reviews of Radon that I read were positive. THe chain guide is something new for me as but I think it is a very good idea to prevent the chain from swinging. Thank you for the feedback because this will be my first "good bike" and it is one hell of a price and I wanted to double check it was worth it. THank you for the feedback, it helped a lot.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    If you want to buy new, then Radon is usually a good choice in terms of price/components quality. I that same category you also have Canyon.
    But with 2400 euros (or a bit more) you can have great second hand bikes (with much better frames the Radon's or Canyon's). Hell, with only 500 euros more you could buy my sweetly specked SC Blur LTC
    If you want new and consider getting a proper enduro bike also check YT Industries.

mtbr member
    I have that chainguide, works great. Is quiet and havent had any issues while running it.

Bionicon USA C-Guide Chainguide

Seems like a pretty good deal to me, though I've never seen or used the brand before.

perpetual pucker factor
    That is a pretty good spec list for the bike. The only thing I don't know about is the frame. The geometry looks good, but it's hard to tell how the rear linkage will perform. That is the most important part, in my opinion. The 'feel' of the rear end of the bike has to be what you want, or you are wasting your money.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.