mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Yeti carbon frames? Good or Bad?

So I have decided to build my own bike and was looking at few frames. I stumbled on the Yeti ARC carbon frame for a fairly decent price. I was wondering if anyone knew anymore about their carbon frames and how they hold up. I do a lot of cross country and this is will be the first bike I have ever built from the ground up. Also I was thinking about getting a carbon wheel set as well, and would like to know if anyone can give me a little more info on them before I buy. (I am thinking Crank Brothers). Like I mentioned before i do a lot of cross country riding, but also don't mind hitting a couple downhill section if i can find them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Based on Jared Graves racing enduro on a carbon Yeti, yeah it looks pretty tough. Go for it!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I've been rolling a sb-66c since March 2013 and hammering it on Laguna beach tech gnar almost every weekend and it's holding up really well.
    Yeti SB-66c large

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I have a 09 carbon ASR and haven't had any problems.

undercover brother
    Yeti carbon is top notch. I have the alloy SB66 and it can take a serious beating. I'd stay clear of CB wheels. They are prone to issues, along with everything CB makes.

Finally stateside again
    Quote Originally Posted by tangaroo View Post
    Yeti carbon is top notch. I have the alloy SB66 and it can take a serious beating. I'd stay clear of CB wheels. They are prone to issues, along with everything CB makes.
    As mentioned Stay away from Crank Brother products if you like your bike and you like riding it. just google CB reviews and you will see. as for Yeti. the bikes they build are top of the line. i have a Yeti DJer that i race 4x on and that frame is light and extremely over built. f your just doing normal trail riding you will have no issues