mtbr member

XPEDO Face Off Pedals - Anyone?

Looking for some lite very low profile platforms for my new rig for under $100 and saw these XPEDO Face Off Mx 11 and Mx 13 that are light (under 400g) and thin profile. Can't find much in the way of feedback on them and wondering if anyone has tried the 11' or 13's

I'm open to other suggestions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I have a set of 11's I've put about 500 miles on. Good grip & fairly light. I have no complaints.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Just got the xmx17's and they're great. Couple rides on them so far. They're not as grippy as I'd like, but not so much that I don't like them. Otherwise They're a great pedal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike14 View Post
    Just got the xmx17's and they're great. Couple rides on them so far. They're not as grippy as I'd like, but not so much that I don't like them. Otherwise They're a great pedal.
    Chainlove score? I grabbed 2 pairs @ $53 ea pair
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Chainlove score? I grabbed 2 pairs @ $53 ea pair
    Damn! They were on chainlove??? nah, got mine at the local shop. ridiculous discount though for an awesome pedal. Love 'em!

Threading freely...
    Got those xmx17's on CL too. Nice pedals but they are fragile--bent them in a couple of weeks from a rock strike--and now they adorn my wife's bike. She loves them, but doesn't ride rock gardens. Now I have Spank Spikes. Those are great pedals and bomb proof.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by polymathic View Post
    Got those xmx17's on CL too. Nice pedals but they are fragile--bent them in a couple of weeks from a rock strike--and now they adorn my wife's bike. She loves them, but doesn't ride rock gardens. Now I have Spank Spikes. Those are great pedals and bomb proof.
    Thanx for poo-poo-ing on my score!
    I've only had a chance to take mine for one shakedown ride (grad school) so can't comment on its fragility yet. But you're KILLING my buzz, man!

Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    xmx17s are a good pedal for the price. They work much better with some shoes than others. I find them less grippy than my benchmark MG-1s. They are easy to service and come apart easily. I don't ride in a rocky area, but in my experience every time I strike a pedal I lose a pin or two. The good news is they are easy pins to replace (tiny little bolts) and I believe the new pedals come with a set. Otherwise, they should be the same size that straitline and some other companies use.

mtbr member
    I had to return one of my pedals because it was sqeeking very bad and became hard to rotate. My friend bought the same pedals and the same thing happened to him. Customer service was great and now they work great. I wasn't initially happy but they do look kick ass.
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    I had to return one of my pedals because it was sqeeking very bad and became hard to rotate. My friend bought the same pedals and the same thing happened to him. Customer service was great and now they work great. I wasn't initially happy but they do look kick ass.
    I've had the same thing happen with my pair (minus the squeaking). I'm wondering if this is a common thing. I'm a little annoyed because my Wellgo pedals were half the price and I've had no problems with them whatsoever while I've only ridden the Face-Off's about 3 times. I know I can take them back and get another pair, but if this is the quality level we're looking at I might spend my money elsewhere.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    mine are squeaking as well. Swapped them out for my 6 year old mg-1s, that still run like a top. Go figure.