Land of the 230+

X-Fusion Sweep HLR vs Manitou Mattoc Pro2

I think I just scored a stupidly cheap deal on a mattoc pro 2. I originally picked it up just as a spare or for a future build. I currently have an X-Fusion Sweep with the HLR damper on my bike with a manitou mcleod rear shock. How does the mattoc compare to the sweep? Is it worth trying out? Or should I keep it uncut and in the box just in case I decide to sell it?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    What did you decide to do? I have a sweep and added a hlr but am interested in a mattoc to go with my McLeod.

Land of the 230+
    Quote Originally Posted by nashwillis View Post
    What did you decide to do? I have a sweep and added a hlr but am interested in a mattoc to go with my McLeod.
    I never got the chance. The (online) bike store said the item was damagd in shipping, and it bent the steerer and lowers. But they wouldn't send pictures. And t racking still says "Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending" so I'm not sure if the fork ever left the bike store's hands or not. I suspect it was a price mistake, and this was their way to get out of honoring the price without looking like they made a mistake. Either way, the fork will not be making it's way to me. I have my eyes peeled for another deal, so maybe if that 26" pro comes back for 240, I might bite...

Sorry I cant comment on how well they pair, but rumor has it, the combo works quite well.