mtbr member
    Jun 2010

X-Fusion Hllo or the Specialized Command

Who is better for AM ride ? who is more reliable ?
    You die just once, so, it's better be good.

usually cranky
    id take the hilo. hydralyic over mech all day for me, like the infinite adjustment.

Inrideo est vita
    Not sure about the Specialized, but XF has a 2 year warranty.
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member
    Between the two, go Specialized. The fore/aft/attitude clamp on the HiLo does not have teeth - it relies on press-fit/friction paste to keep it from moving. If you happen to tap your butt on the seat on a dynamic move, you'll end up with a seat-nose in your @$$.
    Last edited by cheezwhip; 04-20-2011 at 10:43 PM.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

Addicted
    May 2006
    4 of the 4 Command posts that I've had come through my shop have been defective. That's not to say there aren't good Command Posts. I went Reverb and it seems to be working just fine.
    I have no experience with the HiLo.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezwhip
    Between the two, go Specialized. The fore/aft/attitude clamp on the HiLo does not have teeth - it relies on press-fit/friction paste to keep it from moving. If you happen to tap your butt on the seat on a dynamic move, you'll end up with a seat-nose in your @$$.
    Are you speaking of problems from experience or theory? It's kind of funny that they'd get the one part of the saddle that should be a no-brainer wrong, the clamp. But nothing surprises me in product design really.

Why is it so hard to find reviews on the Hilo, are people not using it or what?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbaSS
    Are you speaking of problems from experience or theory? It's kind of funny that they'd get the one part of the saddle that should be a no-brainer wrong, the clamp. But nothing surprises me in product design really.

Why is it so hard to find reviews on the Hilo, are people not using it or what?
    Experience. Two of my ride mates have them and they're constantly having to deal with this design flaw (sucks for them but it sucks waiting for them to fix it too - cuts into the ride time).
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    +1 on the seatpost clamp slipping. I have the same issues as well. Already put some fiber grip and torqued it to death already but it still slips when my butt taps on it during big hits.

One thing that seemed to help was to cut a few strips of old tube and place it between the cones. That seemed to have help minimize (not completely stop) the slippage. It's a pain having to ask everyone to wait for me just because I have to fix my seat.

It's a shame because other than that issue, the post really works well and is free from side to side play.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Thank you all. I'm going to buy the Rock Shox Reverb after all.....
    You die just once, so, it's better be good.