Thread: X fusion Hilo

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

X fusion Hilo

I've done quite a bit of looking and am interested in the x fusion Hilo. I just wanted to get opinions on it after folks have to some time using it! possibly looking at the Hilo sl because of weight and seems to have less movement. Thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Dang I can't spell or write! Wanted opinion on the Hilo and folks have had some ride time on it! Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Simple construction and mechanism, no frills but it works just fine. I'm speaking for the original, no time on the new SL version. Nice to see that they changed the head, the single bolt system would slip on occasion and carbon paste was a necessity.

Dropshot Champ!
    really didn't like the original. It's a slow post and it's one of the heaviest.

75% of the post went up at a decent speed, the last inch or so was a few seconds longer. You'd think you could look past this, but manoman it was the most annoying thing in the world!

mtbr member
    I'm still using the few that I bought and they are OK, but not great. If you want to use the lever only, they are fine since you help the post rise because as other said, very slow returning, maybe more so with the seatpost clamp tight. When using the remote, they take forever to return, but I have gotten used to pulling them up with my clamping my thighs and pulling up, not optimal, but workable. Since they work, I keep them, but would not invest in a repair. The reason I bought the first was since 27.2 options are limited, that one is the most troublesome as above. The 31.6 versions are better, but not fantastic. With all of that said, I can't ride without it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for the replies.