mtbr member

X-Fusion Customer Service Rocks - Hilo Seat Dropper

Just wanted to throw this out there for those considering what seat dropper post to get. I know there's a gazillion threads out there, but I've been running the X-fusion Hilo for about 8 months now:
    ::.. X-Fusion Performance Shocks and Suspension Forks ..::

It's under $200, and comes with a lever and a remote so you can decide what you prefer.

I had an issue with it where it wouldn't stay up or down, called X-fusion, got a RA number, shipped it out and received my newly rebuilt seatpost in under 5 days.

Gotta love customer service like that. Now if they only made travel adjust forks...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I have also had nothing but positive experiences with X-Fusion's customer service. I would not hesitate to purchase another product from them.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckb77 View Post
    Just wanted to throw this out there for those considering what seat dropper post to get. I know there's a gazillion threads out there, but I've been running the X-fusion Hilo for about 8 months now:
    ::.. X-Fusion Performance Shocks and Suspension Forks ..::

It's under $200, and comes with a lever and a remote so you can decide what you prefer.

I had an issue with it where it wouldn't stay up or down, called X-fusion, got a RA number, shipped it out and received my newly rebuilt seatpost in under 5 days.

Gotta love customer service like that. Now if they only made travel adjust forks...
    We will see. It took them two days to return my call, on a problem with a brand new Hilo.

And MSRP on the Hilo is $250, not <$200.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    I emailed them, they got back to me within a day. MSRP may be $250, but there are multiple sites selling them for under $200 currently. Just sayin

mtbr member
    Their customer service in answering questions has been great. I have a Vengeance HLR that so far is very, very nice. I also picked up a 31.6mm Hilo that I ordered for a frame this past Winter. Looks very nice, but I unfortunately never used it due to a change in "projects." If anyone is looking let me know.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckb77 View Post
    I emailed them, they got back to me within a day. MSRP may be $250, but there are multiple sites selling them for under $200 currently. Just sayin
    Not my experience. My email went unanswered. I called more than a week later, sent to voice mail, call back took 2 days (this morning). Requires factory service...straight out of the box.

I found two sites selling at $201. In any case, it is lower than the competing posts at most places.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    x-fusion is the *****! run'n hilo and vengeance. just wish they made a coil shock in 7.5x2.0

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    just wish they made a coil shock in 7.5x2.0

Amen to this one! Wish they made a coil shock in that length. Been rocking on my Hilo for 6months now with no problems. Got a good deal on it too at $180 shipped.