mtbr member
    Feb 2009

WTB: 2011 Chromag HIFI Stem

Perhaps some of you in the know can help me out on this one:

I am looking to purchase a 2011 Chromag HIFI stem. I've contacted Ian at Chromag but no reply as of yet. I've contacted a bunch of their distributors and none thus far can provide any definitive time line for stock arrival. CRC is expected to get theirs after the 25th of January, too long a wait.

Can any one share some info as to where I can get these NOW? Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    I'm sure if you went to Whistler and asked them nicely they could make you one.

Shorelines (UK importer, where CRC gets them from) aren't expecting any until 'middle-ish January'. They're shifting out the end of 2010 stock at the moment but have some 2011 bars in.

Unless you want 1.5, why not get a Ranger? CRC are doing them for less than the Hifi will go for although options are a bit limited right now. If you want 1.5, ignore my silly question.

Boulder chucker
    Give Chad at Red Barn Bikes a try..

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks for the replies.

Word got back to me that the current ones floating around were made for the show (Interbike?) Production is currently underway with all colors and steerer tube offerings being fully available towards Feb. Ian at Chromag did offer me 1 of the 3 he has on hand though.

Cheers!