I want to use it as an all rounder , yet still keep it light as possible

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Here we go...
    It's pronounced "so pro and cool."
    It was an impulse decision.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yeh I know , here is my other bike that I was using as all mountain to build strength up until now , but now that summer is here ,the heat, it killing me , the yeti seems like a feather by comparison but will it handle a beating.

bikeaholic
    Aug 2004
    Looks like a decent bike to ride everywhere.

Bikes typically deemed as "All-Mountain" (whatever that means) usually have short stems, wider handlebars, larger brake rotors, fatter tires, and generally 5 or more inches of front/rear travel.

I see "All-Mountain" as more of a riding style than a type of bike. We're usually willing to sacrifice a bit of weight and climbing efficiency to gain the speed, stability, and fun when the trail points downward.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Why does it matter if it's 'all-mountain' or not...
    Enjoy your ride, yo!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Who gives a **** what market segment it fits in as long as it suits you, how and where you ride?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    If "all-mountain" to you means largish jumps and drops, then that bike will not be the right bike. If it means long climbs and long downhills with some technical features that aren't overly large, then yes, that's a great bike.

father, mountain biker
    I've heard this test works extremely well:

Ghost ride both bikes down a steep technical incline and the one that travels farther is the more AM bike. Oh, and please share the results with the rest of us, we'd love to hear them. If you can shoot a video, preferably in super slow mo, that would be best.
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

Paste eater
    The Asr is Yeti's XC bike. Your build supports this. That's why it's 'like a feather' to pedal

usually cranky
    if you really want to pigion hole it id call it a light trail bike but +100 to the people who have said it doesnt matter.

mtbr member
    I imagine that Bullet could be modernized pretty cheaply, if you're concerned that the Yeti isn't burly enough for everything you do.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I agree, it looks like it can go the distance.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    What like get rid of the monsterT fork and put a single crown on the bullit ? And some lighter wheels tires?

They have been together bullit/monster since birth , they work so well together, would be a shame to separate them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hi, please forgive me, I am only replying because i have to 5 times before I can ask my own question. I have a Yeti (my 1st) but I cannot identify the model and am hoping someone here can. I have to post this 4 more times so maybe I will talk with you again, Thank you for your understanding.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hi, please forgive me, I am only replying because i have to 5 times before I can ask my own question. I have a Yeti (my 1st) but I cannot identify the model and am hoping someone here can. I have to post this 2 more times so maybe I will talk with you again, Thank you for your understanding.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by richardstyler View Post
    Hi, please forgive me, I am only replying because i have to 5 times before I can ask my own question.
    Haha! I'm in sort of the same pickle

Anyway, the OP's yeti is as much of an all-mountain bike as he wants it to be. You'll know when you've over done it as soon as something breaks. Until then enjoy!

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by richardstyler View Post
    Hi, please forgive me, I am only replying because i have to 5 times before I can ask my own question. I have a Yeti (my 1st) but I cannot identify the model and am hoping someone here can. I have to post this 2 more times so maybe I will talk with you again, Thank you for your understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Hinde View Post
    Haha! I'm in sort of the same pickle

Anyway, the OP's yeti is as much of an all-mountain bike as he wants it to be. You'll know when you've over done it as soon as something breaks. Until then enjoy!
    Just an F.Y.I., you guys.... MTBR has a "test forum" in which newbies can post enough to become legit. (Click on embedded link)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cm_ls1 View Post
    Yeh I know , here is my other bike that I was using as all mountain to build strength up until now , but now that summer is here ,the heat, it killing me , the yeti seems like a feather by comparison but will it handle a beating.

It looks like its never been ridden.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    #1 rule about posting pics: Never clean your bike before taking a pic.
    Please tell me you cleaned it before you shot that pic. Or I'll have to call in the PBNA. That's the Prevention of Bike Neglecting Association.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yeah I only sit there and look at my bikes .... Of course I cleaned it , and of course I ride it, me and a friend we go cruising the urban jungle , since we live in the city, we go looking for jumps and gaps, doesn't need to have mud to be used, we also go on a few dh tracks but we need to drive there , then it gets dirty!

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    twas a joke mate.

mtbr member
    i used to ride all mountain type trails on a xchardtail with 100 forks yes i bottomed them out but the bike used to try and kill me every time i went down a steep drop by sending me oer the bars
    so change you stem for a 60 or even a 50mm and you will be amazed at the difference
    this is the best way to 'all mtn' your bike

mtbr member
    I used to downhill at a ski resort on a specialized Rockhopper hardtail. That Yeti will take on any terrain exclusive of large drops/jumps.... now go ride it!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by k1creeker View Post
    "yeah, she's fat, but you'd take her for a ride."