Portland, OR

Worth Building Up?

Hey guys, I have a 2004 Mountain Cycle Rumble that I've been debating keeping. I just built up a Jamis komodo for FR/AM It's got a manitou travis and FR tires. so its a bit of a pig Does great for AM, but all this komodo talk if getting off track.

I built this up in hopes of selling it. mostly spare parts.

But then again I keep running across the 2007 Marzocchi All Mountain III 140mm TST2 for $207.00 on jenson. I keep thinking to myself "dang, that would look awesome on that Mountaincycle." But then again, I could slap that AM III onto my komodo as well.

I dunno. trying to decide whether to keep this and build it into a 140mm XC/AM Singlespeed (weighing in at 29lbs) or should I say good bye to it ? My komodo has blown me away, but this is always a fun ride too. Sentimental value anyone ?

I dont really know what this thread is directly targeting I guess what I'm asking, is this thing worth my time considering my komodo? or should I sell it to 1. buy a new computer and 2. buy an AM III and new camelback, rear wheel, other little things.

So sell ? or keep

Thanks guys, Here are pics of all of them.

1st my Komodo! check it out

Then the MC I'm talking about in my post

MC

[SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    dude.. build up the Rumble as a singlespeed dirt jumper

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by blender
    dude.. build up the Rumble as a singlespeed dirt jumper
    No, I've already got a sick P. Series for jumping. Plus, the MC is too big of a frame (17")

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

SuperInstigator
    Absolutely do NOT build up the rumble. It sucks arse. SO, now that you are put off by my negative comments, how much were you thinking of selling it for? I want to buy it.

I have to be honest though. I think you should build the rumble up as either a SS dirt jumper/ urban machine, or a 1x9er do everything bike.

I'd say keep your komodo as a fr/aggressive trail bike and save money to build your rumble into an ss dj/urban.

Don't buy the Marzocchi am unless you build a bike up as a moderate AM/aggressive XC bike. Otherwise, buy a z1 rv sport or drop off or something...

Tim

EDIT: Read your 2nd post; keep your komodo as is and build your rumble as a 1x9er/ss xc/am bike...
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by tibug
    Absolutely do NOT build up the rumble. It sucks arse. SO, now that you are put off by my negative comments, how much were you thinking of selling it for? I want to buy it.

I have to be honest though. I think you should build the rumble up as either a SS dirt jumper/ urban machine, or a 1x9er do everything bike.

I'd say keep your komodo as a fr/aggressive trail bike and save money to build your rumble into an ss dj/urban.

Don't buy the Marzocchi am unless you build a bike up as a moderate AM/aggressive XC bike. Otherwise, buy a z1 rv sport or drop off or something...

Tim

EDIT: Read your 2nd post; keep your komodo as is and build your rumble as a 1x9er/ss xc/am bike...

If you want it, PM me

I dunno man, I love the frame and everything. But I think I want a new computer. My current setup is well...ahem ...not so good.

I might sacrifice the bike up is someone actually makes me an offer had none so far. mostly because it has a splice which, truthfully, isnt a great fork.

I'm going to go ride it around a bit more, and see what I think.

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Is dang happy!
    You can never have too much bike.

A year from now a new computer will be worth squat, the Rumble + last of the euro zokes will be worth way more.

Your pals will never want to borrow your comp to go internetting after work!
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doom
    You can never have too much bike.

A year from now a new computer will be worth squat, the Rumble + last of the euro zokes will be worth way more.

Your pals will never want to borrow your comp to go internetting after work!
    Yea, but right now, my Microsoft computer is so horrible. 225MB of ram, 40GB hard drive and Windows XP Home.

I found a computer that comes with a nicer LCD HD monitor 19" 1.2 GB of RAM and a 250GB hard drive. Not to mention Vista Home Premium and a really nice graphics card.

I do a lot of video editing. I work for a small production company as well as produce my own films. MOST of the time I do them on my powermac G5 with Final Cut Studio Pro. But with school, and how many PC users there are out there. I know I am going to need to get a little better PC. I figure I allready have 3 very capable bikes. And I've got a crappy computer.

I dunno. I am just starting to feel like I have too many bikes. Like I could be doing something better with my money. Like take the money I make off the MC and invest it into a nice drivetrain for the komodo, or new brakes for the Ibex. (juicy 7's !)

But then again at the same time, the MC with a AM III and singlespeed sounds so intriguing I could always just buy the AM III and throw it on my Komodo in the winters.

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Portland, OR
    So, after a lot of thinking I've decided to sell it. I just think the Jamis will be able to do everything the MC could. And with the cash I could put some new brakes on my DH bike, the old HFX-9's could go on my Komodo, and the IH-2's onto my P. series.

Thanks for all your help, guys.

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Is dang happy!

Video...

Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    Yea, but right now, my Microsoft computer is so horrible. 225MB of ram, 40GB hard drive and Windows XP Home.

I found a computer that comes with a nicer LCD HD monitor 19" 1.2 GB of RAM and a 250GB hard drive. Not to mention Vista Home Premium and a really nice graphics card.

I do a lot of video editing. I work for a small production company as well as produce my own films. MOST of the time I do them on my powermac G5 with Final Cut Studio Pro. But with school, and how many PC users there are out there. I know I am going to need to get a little better PC. I figure I allready have 3 very capable bikes. And I've got a crappy computer.

I dunno. I am just starting to feel like I have too many bikes. Like I could be doing something better with my money. Like take the money I make off the MC and invest it into a nice drivetrain for the komodo, or new brakes for the Ibex. (juicy 7's !)

But then again at the same time, the MC with a AM III and singlespeed sounds so intriguing I could always just buy the AM III and throw it on my Komodo in the winters.
    A fancy graphics card does little for video editing, you want a fast processor and gobs of memory along with as many bigarse external drives as you can find.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doom
    A fancy graphics card does little for video editing, you want a fast processor and gobs of memory along with as many bigarse external drives as you can find.
    yea, but I didn't say I was going to JUST do video editing The winters here are so bad, that you cant ride. computer games anyone?

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1