Don't skid

Woohoo, roadtrip!!!!

I just got done booking our shuttle for Downieville on Monday. Can't wait. We are doing a road trip from Santa Barbara to Mt. Hood, Oregon and passing through Tahoe and Downieville on the way up. We'll be gone for 10 days total.
    Any recommendations for a moderate ride in Tahoe that doesn't need to be shuttled? My housemate just got back from there and he did Mr. Toads Wild Ride so we were thinking of doing that but we can't shuttle unless one person doesn't ride. So any other suggestions (and we want to keep the climbing to a minimum).
    The Revolution will not be motorized...especially at $5 per gallon.

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by KONA_in_SB
    I just got done booking our shuttle for Downieville on Monday. Can't wait. We are doing a road trip from Santa Barbara to Mt. Hood, Oregon and passing through Tahoe and Downieville on the way up. We'll be gone for 10 days total.
    Any recommendations for a moderate ride in Tahoe that doesn't need to be shuttled? My housemate just got back from there and he did Mr. Toads Wild Ride so we were thinking of doing that but we can't shuttle unless one person doesn't ride. So any other suggestions (and we want to keep the climbing to a minimum).
    You should do Toads. Park at the bottom and ride the road to the top. It's a lengthy ride, but worth it. The road isn't very steep either. If you want to ride dirt up, then Armstrongs Pass would be the way to go. Even if you shuttle, you have to ride for a while to get to the start of Toads, most of which is uphill if I remember right.

Page Meadows is a decent ride that doesn't require shuttling. It has a pretty fun decent too, if you can find it. Good jumps, and one huge banked turn.

-Dan
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    If you want to get amped up for Downieville check out this guys site: http://arnica.csustan.edu/mtbike/ He has a shoe cam of Downieville that is pretty good but an older one that is better quality called Downieville_Aug05.mpeg I watched them the other day and was ready to leave work to go. I can't wait until I can get up there!