7am Backcountry ;- )

Wingnut Hyper 2.5 or 3.0

In the UK and these are the two wingnut backs I can readily get. Not sure how upto date these are with the latest wingnut range but i'm stuck betwteen

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/Product...er-25-bag.html

OR

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/Product...er-30-bag.html

Anyone pro's/cons of these bags and actual feedback of how they cope out on long epic all mountain rides?

Which do you use and why?
    [SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]i can't ride for sh*t but i'm good at extreme pushing[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Get a regular Camelbak - 0or something of the sort..-
    I'd personally get the backpack style hydration pack, not something that is basically a backpack and a fannypack mixed that doesn't even come with a bladder.

So I wouldn't use any of the two, a Camelbak or Dakine pack would do better IMO

7am Backcountry ;- )
    I have a Dueuter cross-air at the moment, last weekend it dawned on me just how heavy the empty bag is! The airflow frame for the back is very heavy metal

I thought wingnut = sweat free back + better upper body maneuverability

I could be better one of the narrow camelbacks?

I need enough space for a 2 litre hydration pack, specialized windpipe pump, inner tube, tyre levers, allen tool, patches, sandwhich and additional energy drink, lightweight waterproof and a jersey depending on the weather. So lots of compartments would be good too.
    [SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]i can't ride for sh*t but i'm good at extreme pushing[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I would say the Hyper 3.0. I am waiting on a custom MPS Alpha directly from Wingnut. Scott(guy that runs Wingnut) has these tested by many adventure racers and endurance riders. They are the lightest packs you can find and probably some of the most durable. I don't think you can go wrong with either. But, I know I would rather have the extra space that the 3.0 supplies.
    '08 Fisher Marlin
    Heavy Rider mod

7am Backcountry ;- )
    Quote Originally Posted by eightballrj
    I would say the Hyper 3.0. I am waiting on a custom MPS Alpha directly from Wingnut. Scott(guy that runs Wingnut) has these tested by many adventure racers and endurance riders. They are the lightest packs you can find and probably some of the most durable. I don't think you can go wrong with either. But, I know I would rather have the extra space that the 3.0 supplies.

Whats the "MPS Alpha" ?

mtbr member
    Well, look into a Camelbak Rogue. It's what i'm using and I love it.
    Enough space for a 3lt bladder, tube, pump, tire lever/ patches, cell phone, wallet, my big-ass multitool, random stuff and a couple of Power Bars

It'd be my personal recommendation, your choice.

mtbr member
    i've owned a camelbak mule, dakine nomad and wingnut hyper 3.0... out of the three, i don't get lower back pain on extended climbs with the wingnut.. i like the side pockets where i can throw my glasses in if i don't need to wear them.. they also hold sunblock and an inhaler in one and clif blocks and gels in the other. it holds a full 3L of water, tube, pump, granola bars, a beer and a sandwich with room to spare.. its also durable since i went OTB and slide down a steep trail on the bag and there are no signs of damage even tho i ended up separated my shoulder on the fall

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by capoz77
    Whats the "MPS Alpha" ?

http://wingnutgear.com/product_detai...product_id=162
    '08 Fisher Marlin
    Heavy Rider mod