mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Will these forks work?

I have found a pair of forks that i am thinking of purchasing, marzocchi all mountian 2
    150mm, but heres the deal. i currently own a motobecane fantom trail ( with 120mm rock shox dart3) which i understand is a more xc bike. But i am planning on getting an AM bike in the next year for a little more hard riding style.

would these forks work on my current bike, or be highly sacrificing handling?

what is a good AM bike frame that will not break the bank for when i do buy?

i would really love the 150mm of travel!

just wanting some input from some experience, so thanx guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    That fork is fantastic for the price (I have one on my 6in travel trailbike), but way too much travel for your frame. You wouldn't want to go with anything over 130mm. Your bike would handle like crap, porpoise on the climbs, and put unnecessary strain on your head tube.

There's no app for this.

Nope

1st check your A-C distance on the Dart, and compare with the Marzocchi, then look at the added 30mm (1"+) travel.

Dart doesn't publish that so you'll have to measure it, not sure about Marzocchi.

Likely you'll put too much pressure on the XC frame and risk breaking your head tube. See your owner's manual for advice on fork length. You will affect the handling of the bike adversely. You will look like you're on a chopper.

Save up for a good AM/light FR bike with 6" or so of travel, there are simply tons out there. Yours isn't a bad ride, but if you screw with the geometry, the ride will suffer and so will you.

1"+ more of travel isn't worth it, especially if the A-C is way off.

Jim

mtbr member
    Too long for the frame.

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Watch the headtube go snappity snap snap.

Seeeriously easy Livin
    dude, That frame couldn't handle one of those forks, and you want to put a pair of them on?

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure that the dart didn't come in anything other than 80mm and 100mm.

That fork is too much of a change if it actually is 100mm or less

And, it is a fork, not a pair of forks. Do you pick up a fork to eat or pick up a pair of forks to eat?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Generally Marz. forks are longer in the A2C length than say an RS fork of the same travel.
    Oldest daughter doesn't ride, she fights MMA.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Yeah, i knew was probably a far stretch for my bike now, but think i will get them for my next am ride in the next year.

What are some good 6" travel frames for a decent price???