mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Wildcard, fork opinions

So, in an attempt to lose some weight on my WC I may be looking at changing forks.

Currently it has a zoke 66 rc3 on it, I've got a friend who is getting a x-fusion vengeance coil (coming off of a spesh enduro evo) that he's thinking about negotiating a trade for.

Would the x-fusion be a better fork for my bike? I like the idea of lowering it to 140 to trail ride most of the time and up to 170 for when I need the extra cush.

Anyone have enough experience with x-fusion to tell me about longevity? I know the zokes last forever and require minimum maintenance, and I wonder if the x-fusion will do the same.
    Just another redneck with a bike

usually cranky
    x fusion makes good stuff. id look at a lyrik or 36 float too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    x fusion makes good stuff. id look at a lyrik or 36 float too.
    Problem is that I'm currently broke after making my HT dreams come true, so for now I'm stuck with local trading.

How does the x-fusion perform when compared to the zoke? For now I've been contempt pedaling the 6+lbs fork uphill only to enjoy the buttery smoothness of descending, I want to know if a 1lbs weight reduction is worth the potential performance gap?

FWIW, if this doesn't happen, it's gonna lose weight elsewhere (I'm looking at those hefty wheels)
    Just another redneck with a bike

usually cranky
    marzs makes as buttery of a fork as you will find anywhere. the xfusion is pretty supple but not in the same category, really nothing is. i dont think you will be dissapointed though.