mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Whyte E-120 or Santa Cruz Blur XC carbon?

Moving to the USA in june and have been looking at getting a Blur XC carbon to replace my Whyte E-120 (looking for a more XC feel) Should i hold on to the Whyte and sell in the USA or sell the Whyte in the UK and take the cash to the US? Or, just keep the E-120? Is the Whyte too 'niche' for the US to be saleable?

Any opinions considered!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Not familiar with Whyte, but would think it would be a hard sell. Where are you going to be in the US? Might be worthwhile to keep it as a more specific, aggressive AM bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Fort Worth, Texas. That's my thought to be honest (difficult to sell) I may just save for the Blur anyway! the Whyte is (carbon) lovely and superb for AM riding/trail centres. But i've always wanted a Santa Cruz...

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Eek - Flat (generally) in that part of Texas. Also hot & humid...Did/do a fair bit of work in the area - suggest looking at the TX forum, if you haven't already. I think there's decent AM riding in the hill country & Austin, but that's a haul...Blur will be fine - might actually want to consider an HT...

HAHA PWN
    The Whyte bikes are basically Marin bikes in the state. Jon Whyte developed it. Whyte are very popular across the pond, especially in the UK. I would consider a carbon 29er HT for the FT Worth area. I brought my dually to visit my cousins there a few years ago and it was a bit overkill for some of the area there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Cool, i might just roll with what i've got for now then!