Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Your bike is incorrigible

Why do so many who hate the AM forum insist on hanging out in the AM forum?

If you have a problem with the forum's name or what threads people start in the forum, then get the hell out of the forum and don't come back.

FishZapper
    Why do so many people lack basic reading comprehension skills, even in today's modern society?

Don't skid
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTreadOnMe
    Why do so many people lack basic reading comprehension skills, even in today's modern society?
    Because Republicans don't fund education.
    The Revolution will not be motorized...especially at $5 per gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTreadOnMe
    Well, speaking as someone who has had to teach college freshmen for the last five years, I would say that it is the fault of uncaring high schools who are more interested in having their students pass some BS test to prove that the school they attend is worthy of more funding (ah, what an entirely brilliant plan No Child Left Behind is, and no wonder the state I'm living in is sueing that moron president of ours over the issue).

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    If you have a problem with the forum's name or what threads people start in the forum, then get the hell out of the forum and don't come back.
    Because watching people get so worked up is entertaining. Check out my new "AM poseur" thread, I think you'll enjoy it!
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    1. Ppls gets bored ?
    2. Ppls like to annoy others?
    3. Feels obligated to proof to the world that all bike but 10y old fully rigid fixie are for wussies?
    4. Gets offended by advertisement? (that they keep reading however)
    5. They friends getting faster on better bikes and they are upset about it?
    6. _______________?

Motion activated
    6) Because torching ants with a magnifying glass gets old.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    6) Because torching ants with a magnifying glass gets old.
    Best answer yet! Nice one Steve.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Ya know I've been accused of trolling over here and I'll attempt to honestly answer your question once again. Here was my reply to a similar question in a previous post, perhaps you all missed it or chose to ignore it. Possibly it's just a lack of comprehension skills, either way here it is again:

"I ride bikes and enjoy them, so when the "latest greatest thing to come out" hits I enjoy learning about it. No, I don't always agree. If you don't like my posts ignore them, simple enough. I've tried hard not to come across as a troll, again if you feel threatened by what I'm asking sorry."

The level of defensiveness over here is amazing and I think that's how many threads break down. Many seem to get pissy when someone admits they don't buy into the AM thing even if the OP asks a honest question. I'm not a gear freak, don't read many bike related mags and get quite a bit of knowledge about the newest thing in the industry from various bike sites. I don't think I've ever posted something disrespectful in reference to AM bikes (other than my fake "AM poseur" thread comment above- joke) but continue to be called a troll. Fine with me since it's only the internet, for entertainment only. Anyway, there you go, hope it helps.
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Can do.

Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    "I ride bikes and enjoy them, so when the "latest greatest thing to come out" hits I enjoy learning about it. No, I don't always agree. If you don't like my posts ignore them, simple enough. I've tried hard not to come across as a troll, again if you feel threatened by what I'm asking sorry."

The level of defensiveness over here is amazing and I think that's how many threads break down. Many seem to get pissy when someone admits they don't buy into the AM thing even if the OP asks a honest question. I'm not a gear freak, don't read many bike related mags and get quite a bit of knowledge about the newest thing in the industry from various bike sites. I don't think I've ever posted something disrespectful in reference to AM bikes (other than my fake "AM poseur" thread comment above- joke) but continue to be called a troll. Fine with me since it's only the internet, for entertainment only. Anyway, there you go, hope it helps.
    Who was it who said "San Andreas! You're f--ing kidding, right?"

The components people started this AM marketing thing, and we bought into it. Then the bike manufacturers caught on to how well we were responding to the marketing hype, and they have sealed the deal by offering complete AM bikes. The meaning is vague, the bikes it encompasses is vague, and the type of riding it defines is vague. In essence, AM is trail riding or "just riding a bike". Does this sound anything at all like your take on the matter?

But whatever it's called, the category exists and will continue to exist for quite some time. My point is that we have a forum in which to discuss these in-between XC and FR components and bikes, and that should be a good thing. Some gear that carries the brand "AM" is actually quite good and worthy of discussion. So, hate the nomenclature, love the discussion.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Ya know I've been accused of trolling over here and I'll attempt to honestly answer your question once again. Here was my reply to a similar question in a previous post, perhaps you all missed it or chose to ignore it. Possibly it's just a lack of comprehension skills, either way here it is again:

Well, you do have issues... seems to me you're a gear-whore hater...

Motion activated
    I don't think I've ever posted something disrespectful in reference to AM bikes (other than my fake "AM poseur" thread comment above- joke)
    WTF!! Man I wasted 1/2 an hour searching all the forums for that thread. Thanks a lot!!!

j/k
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

This place is becoming so Political-Socio-Economic-Religion-Forum-esque!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Who was it who said "San Andreas! You're f--ing kidding, right?"

Does this sound anything at all like your take on the matter?

Some gear that carries the brand "AM" is actually quite good and worthy of discussion. So, hate the nomenclature, love the discussion.

1. Damn, you got me. Conveniently I'd forgotten that. My honest apologies.

2. That's my take.

3. Definitely worthy of discussion. Again, just because I'm skeptical doesn't mean I don't enjoy learning about it, thus here I am.
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113
    Well, you do have issues... seems to me you're a gear-whore hater...
    Not hater, skeptic!
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Ya know I've been accused of trolling over here and I'll attempt to honestly answer your question once again. ...
    Ok, now you convinced me
    I'm officially upgrading your status to BattleOrc

long standing member
    Hey Guy, why did you even start this thread? It's just going to bring the trolls out from under their non-all-mountain bridges.

Seriously, though, I'll echo the sentiments you expressed by posting my request to those people for the third time:
    If you're going to complain about the use of "all mountain" as description of a style of riding, or as a type of bike, component or accessory, please don't bother to post in this forum. IMO, the rest of us will be grateful for your non-participation. Thank you for your cooperation.
    It feels a little like I just dropped a hook in the water. Sorry about that.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    Hey Guy, why did you even start this thread? It's just going to bring the trolls out from under their non-all-mountain bridges.

Seriously, though, I'll echo the sentiments you expressed by posting my request to those people for the third time:
    If you're going to complain about the use of "all mountain" as description of a style of riding, or as a type of bike, component or accessory, please don't bother to post in this forum. IMO, the rest of us will be grateful for your non-participation. Thank you for your cooperation.
    It feels a little like I just dropped a hook in the water. Sorry about that.

Patrick
    Sorry, I usually don't do things like this. I've been on a role this week, though, and I'm not sure why. I'll behave from now on.

Really, it seems a decent question. I know it's going to invite the trolls, it just seems like you shouldn't visit (let alone post) if you dislike the forum so intensely.

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    Well, speaking as someone who has had to teach college freshmen for the last five years, I would say that it is the fault of uncaring high schools who are more interested in having their students pass some BS test to prove that the school they attend is worthy of more funding (ah, what an entirely brilliant plan No Child Left Behind is, and no wonder the state I'm living in is sueing that moron president of ours over the issue).
    yeah , couldn't be the lazy ass teachers who give the same tests, lectures, etc. year after year, but cant be fired because of their union .and complain because they "only" make $40k+ a year for 180 days and get every summer, holiday and spring and winter vacation off. don't want to make anyone accountable do we? lets blame the most recent president for the crappy state of the educational system thats been going downhill for 40 years
    think back on all the teachers you had in your life, how many seemed to care, how many were even good? 2 or 3 out of 50?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Smile

i love this forum where else can you learn what armor works' for local 1 track were's pete when you need him

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Smile

i love this forum where else can you learn what armor works' for local 1 track were's pete when you need him

sushi lover
    May 2006
    what a troll thread

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan0

yeah , couldn't be the lazy ass teachers who give the same tests, lectures, etc. year after year, but cant be fired because of their union .and complain because they "only" make $40k+ a year for 180 days and get every summer, holiday and spring and winter vacation off. don't want to make anyone accountable do we? lets blame the most recent president for the crappy state of the educational system thats been going downhill for 40 years
    think back on all the teachers you had in your life, how many seemed to care, how many were even good? 2 or 3 out of 50?
    Wow. Why don't you guys take this over to Forum 88? Thanks.

Otherwise I'll run over your all-mountain azzes with my all-mountain bike (just to keep in on topic).

Patrick

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Sunshine

Some people just like to share their sunny disposition on others. It drives me nuts when you have unhappy people that go around and try to make everyone else unhappy as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast