mtbr member

Who's riding a 18" Blue Pig

How tall are you, inseam, and what stem are you running? Do you ride mostly trail with it? Does it feel much bigger than it looks on paper? Good for pedaling?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nobody?

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Got one coming from CRC, but hasn't shown up yet. I'm 6'2", 190, roughly the same sign as Brant, who rides an 18. My build will be a 140 fork, 1x9, big fat tires and a 50mm stem. Hope it'll ride well; I suspect it will.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    6ft, 33in inseam and 50mm stem. Rides great, takes a little getting used to but stick with it and you will love it. I ride mostly trail and have built it up with 140 coil Pikes, wide bars, 28mm mavic rims on Hope hubs with big Maxxis tyres, 2x9 with bash guard. It loves being ridden hard and fast.
    Last edited by Mark G; 12-11-2010 at 10:34 AM.

mtbr member
    What takes getting used too? I'm pretty sure I'm getting an 18" but just wanted to hear how other riders around 6'2" are doing on it, if it feels cramped or not.

mtbr member
    WHen I build mine it will be 28" wide carbon bars, 75mm stem, 120 Fox Float RL, WTB 27mm wide Laserdisc wheels, some older XTR cranks either double or single. XT shadow rear der. WTB Mutano 2.4 TCS front, race rear tires. Looking for a cheap dropper seatpost.

mtbr member
    I don't know how you can spec a stem for your own bike by asking other people.

Maybe a frame size, but the stem? Find some cheap used stems, a few different lengths, and try em out.

mtbr member
    I never asked anyone about a stem size, you musta read it wrong

mtbr member
    ok.

mtbr member
    Well, I did ask what size stem but that's just a small part of the equation, aaaannnnyyways

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Yody
    What takes getting used too? I'm pretty sure I'm getting an 18" but just wanted to hear how other riders around 6'2" are doing on it, if it feels cramped or not.
    The geometry is not like most other hardtails, as in very slack head angle and a steepish seat angle, when you 1st ride it, you kinda feel like you are leaning over the bars a bit more than usual, but once you get used to it, it makes sense. You feel very stable on techy down hills and steep drops but because of the seat angle being steepish you can pedal up pretty much anything your legs will let you.
    Im 6ft and have quite long arms, i ran a 70mm stem at 1st but it made the steering a little slow for me but i was worried that a 50mm would feel very short, it didnt, just makes you sit a bit more up right and with wide bars on you will feel like you can ride it at/over almost any thing.
    Im not totally sure but at 6'2" i think you are just on the edge of the recommended size for medium, my arms are 32" long and my inseam is 33" and my medium fits me perfectly.

mtbr member
    i am 6'2"and ride an 18 with a 70mm thomson stem. its a bit deceiving as you think its a tight setup, yet when you hit the trails, it doesn't feel cramped.

The Geo works great, some b!tch about standover height and BB height, but its all cr@p. The bike rides really well. I dont miss my Reign at all.