Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    Jumpa01
    Reputation: Jumpa01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15

    WHO Makes this bike

    I've been an avid Mt biker for a number of years I'm 46 years old and the other day I saw an older than me gentle man wheeling this bike out to the yard sale @ 7 am, I was on my way to work so I whipped my bike around and stopped and asked the guy if it was for sale he said yes I said how much he said bla. bla. I said sold

    Can someone tell me who the heck makes this bike as there are no marking on it at all the serial number is intact and starts with "KT501....." I was leaning toward KHS but I'm not sure I cant find a similar KHS with tubes as fat can any one help me identify this bike ? I will put up a few photo's Please help if you can. When I asked the older gentleman what he knew about the bike & if he had any literature on it all he said was " I know the cheating S.O.B paid allot of money for it" "His daughters X husband bought the bike I guess and the Father was tired of looking at it










    Last edited by Jumpa01; 09-24-2013 at 07:37 AM.

  2. #2
    Jumpa01
    Reputation: Jumpa01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15

  3. #3
    human dehumidifier
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,076
    I think you may find that you've already spent more time on it than it's worth.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

  4. #4
    Jumpa01
    Reputation: Jumpa01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    I think you may find that you've already spent more time on it than it's worth.
    I didn't ask "what it was worth" I asked the name of the company that makes it. What ever it is at least the brakes don't drag!!

    Hey WV BOB as much as I appreciate you telling me what this may or may not be worth to me. I think you may be better off going back to your Miley Cyrus posts and leave this question for someone with a clue !

  5. #5
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,829
    Whatever decals that were on it is irrelevant, as that bike was mass produced, and likely sold under a number of decals.
    Cheaper model Kinesis, perhaps, but I am not betting on that.
    That particular derailleur hangar style was used/manufactured most by Giant, but also appeared on cheaper KHS, diamondback, Raleigh, and other models.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

    And then we eat them."

  6. #6
    Jumpa01
    Reputation: Jumpa01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Whatever decals that were on it is irrelevant, as that bike was mass produced, and likely sold under a number of decals.
    Cheaper model Kinesis, perhaps, but I am not betting on that.
    That particular derailleur hangar style was used/manufactured most by Giant, but also appeared on cheaper KHS, diamondback, Raleigh, and other models.
    Thanks for the input ...considering the fact I just wanted to put the proper decals on it that belong on it *so it actually is relevant..

    Aren't all bikes mass produced pretty much ?
    It's clear to me no one here has a clue on such a low end bike as this so I will be on my way

    I'm back over to the Motor-bicycle forum, those guys are much more "my speed" so to speak and since that what this bike is going to end up being in the end being as it's so manly .

  7. #7
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,829
    Go ahead and put whatever pig lipstick you want, it won't matter to anyone but you!
    Have you considered a Tonka decal set?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

    And then we eat them."

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2
    Everything I see here (silver paint, rear dropouts, derailleur hanger, cable/hose routing along the top of the top tube) leads me to think I'm looking at a Nashbar AT. Which were sold/shipped as a frameset with decals optional.

  9. #9
    Big Gulps, Alright!
    Reputation: Berkley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,205
    It's a real hodge podge whatever it is. Disc brakes with a Tiagra derailleur? Stem looks like a Specialized.

  10. #10
    Oh, the huge-meh-nity
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    701
    I'm going to take the high road, and just answer the question.

    Chinese people made that bike.

  11. #11
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Zowie View Post
    I'm going to take the high road, and just answer the question.

    Chinese people made that bike.
    Yes, but Giant ones, Ideal ones, Shanghai Pheonix, or Merida people?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

    And then we eat them."

  12. #12
    Ohh Gnarly!!
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpa01 View Post
    I think you may be better off going back to your Miley Cyrus posts and leave this question for someone with a clue !
    I didn't know Bob was into Miley Cyrus

  13. #13
    Jumpa01
    Reputation: Jumpa01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    I didn't know Bob was into Miley Cyrus
    Well looked at his profile / previous posts to see if he was really an ass or if it was just to me I saw a bunch of post pertaining to Miley
    Anyways thanks to the people who answered the question..or tried anyways I think I will just put Pivot decals on it then if it doesn't matter .

  14. #14
    Jumpa01
    Reputation: Jumpa01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bikemitsu View Post
    Everything I see here (silver paint, rear dropouts, derailleur hanger, cable/hose routing along the top of the top tube) leads me to think I'm looking at a Nashbar AT. Which were sold/shipped as a frameset with decals optional.
    Thank you Bikemitsu your the only one capable of answering a simple question here it seems. Try not to become a stuck up lil ***** like the rest of these Armstrong wanna be's

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vespasianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpa01 View Post
    Thanks for the input ...considering the fact I just wanted to put the proper decals on it that belong on it *so it actually is relevant..

    Aren't all bikes mass produced pretty much ?
    It's clear to me no one here has a clue on such a low end bike as this so I will be on my way

    I'm back over to the Motor-bicycle forum, those guys are much more "my speed" so to speak and since that what this bike is going to end up being in the end being as it's so manly .

    The beauty of that bike is that you can put whatever decals you want on it. Heck, I would say buy some Turner stickers and list it on MTBR and see what you can get! (:

    It is low end, as you can tell from the welds and components. It also looks like a 6 or 7 speed cassette which makes me think it is older. Tiagra was also a road group so it could be a bike built by someone to fill a specific purpose - such as commuting around town and such.

    Also, stop being a dick. Some of the comments were harsh, but pretty much correct.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

  16. #16
    Jumpa01
    Reputation: Jumpa01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Go ahead and put whatever pig lipstick you want, it won't matter to anyone but you!
    Have you considered a Tonka decal set?
    Rideit,
    Funny you mention that "TONKA Decals" I actually do have several sets of those as I rebuild old TONKA trucks in my down time

    Apparently the folks that run this website seem to think that a companies logo are important or "Pig lipstick as you so kindly put it" as they're plastered all over this website.

    Quick note if it seems like I'm being a dick, I'm really not, I treat people the way they treat me. I meet, greet and treat all others with nothing but respect until they cross that line and disrespect me.


    I'm sorry BOB if my bike didn't cost $9.000 dollars which seems to me to be the way you rate the quality of a bike is by how much it costs and not by the actual bike itself but that in no way gives you any right to belittle me or my ride.

    If you were to ride this bike " Oh & don't worry I know you wouldn't lower yourself to doing such a thing" you would see what I mean & how smooth and comfortable and well balanced & how it doesn't make the slightest sound @ full torque. It cant be good as it didn't cost thousands !!!

    One more thing Id much rather take advice from a person with less than 100 posts more so than a person with 5,000 posts as the person with less is actually out riding their bike and not just staring at it !

    ~Thank you~
    bikemitsu
    Berkley
    Zowie "for the obvious"

    P.S. Some of my comments were harsh as well, but pretty much correct also .
    As a wise man once said " Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"

  17. #17
    human dehumidifier
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpa01 View Post
    I didn't ask "what it was worth" I asked the name of the company that makes it. What ever it is at least the brakes don't drag!!

    Hey WV BOB as much as I appreciate you telling me what this may or may not be worth to me. I think you may be better off going back to your Miley Cyrus posts and leave this question for someone with a clue !
    Now I wish I hadn't been as nice as I was. Prick.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

  18. #18
    human dehumidifier
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpa01 View Post
    P.S. Some of my comments were harsh as well, but pretty much correct also .
    As a wise man once said " Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"
    If you replied to people IRL like you did in this thread eventually you will actually find yourself being pissed on there tough guy.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

  19. #19
    Jumpa01
    Reputation: Jumpa01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    Now I wish you hadn't answered me at all Granted I know most will side with you because of your 4,500 posts, and I'll probably get banned for speaking my mind to such an elite member of this forum such as yourself but your just that "elite forum person not elite bike rider, that being said and the way you tried to belittle me and my ride in your original post , I can only come to the conclusion that you sir are a stuck up lil ***** with no couth. whats so ever. Please take to heart I treat folks the way they treat me bottom line
    Now I've spent way to much time on you !

  20. #20
    Jumpa01
    Reputation: Jumpa01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    If you replied to people IRL like you did in this thread eventually you will actually find yourself being pissed on there tough guy.
    First off BOB.. I have made no threats towards you for you to imply I'm being a "tough guy" . Bob let me 100% reassure you I certainly do reply to people just like this "in real life" as you put it
    Yet I very rarely run into disrespectful people in everyday life. just a side note, you see this is all real life to me "unless or course I'm playing COD or America's Army , Half life, something to that affect, which here I'm not" other than that I do not differentiate from one to the other

    You see I treat the internet as if it were real life because there is "in real life " No real way of hiding behind a PC screen. If someone wants to find someone bad enough they will armed with that insight I tend to respect others, that is unless I'm provoked into doing otherwise @ 46 years old I'm all old for the games .. Now as far as being a tough guy I don't think I am

  21. #21
    perpetual pucker factor
    Reputation: charging_rhinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,456
    You do seem a bit of a hair-trigger Jumpa. Pinkbike's forums are much more like a COD forum... Maybe you'd feel more at home over there?
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

  22. #22
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,309
    This thread is full of awesome.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  23. #23
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,128

    WHO Makes this bike

    Lol, you guys have nothing better to do than fight over silly posts.

    That's a nice looking bike for commuting/urban and I think that unless you paid a ridiculous amount of money for it, it's worth it and you can enjoy one more bike to ride. I would also be curious to know about an used bike I just bought, because that's how I am. Bob knows better, so we'll leave him at knowing better. For the rest of us, let's keep sharing the passion and googling bike specs
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  24. #24
    Super Clyde
    Reputation: askibum02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    698
    In for LULZ

  25. #25
    Total Goober
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    860
    The AM forum is always good for a laugh. The great thing is that someone knows the answer to this, but thinks the OP is too much of a jerk to reply here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What makes a bike a good climber?
    By Nubster in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-02-2013, 01:55 PM
  2. Who makes this bike?
    By millertm in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 12:31 PM
  3. My bike makes snowcones
    By SuperJETT in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 07:47 PM
  4. Who makes this bike?
    By jaycarl in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 01:50 PM
  5. What makes a successful bike shop?
    By bhunter in forum Passion
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 05:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •