Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Too Kool for Skool
    Guys its called the foes inferno. 7.5 inches travel and all mtn/ freeride capablilitys not sure of the weight though
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...

Your bike is incorrigible
    Quote Originally Posted by theg1ant
    Guys its called the foes inferno. 7.5 inches travel and all mtn/ freeride capablilitys not sure of the weight though
    Didn't MBA review that a few months back? 35 pounds if I recall. But Brent Foes is no dummy. He knows that to build a bike that will take hard hits you must use sturdy components. You've noticed that the latest craze is air shocks for FR/DH. Why doesn't Foes use them on their FR/DH bikes?

I like to ride my bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyRacer
    You're _________ ill. I can get you help. Oh, and the new Ibis is pretty light, 6 inches.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunfodder
    I was thinking the same thing - how are you going to build a 30lb bike out of a 14lb frame? Fortunately Light Bikes came to the rescue. Just imagine a Scream with the parts build on this bike. By my calculations it would weight only 25lbs! And I'm sure it would be a blast barreling down rock gardens with semislick tires and v-brakes.
    Not to mention how steep the head tube angle would be with a Sid. Would be pretty funny though, if not at all functional.

user-created
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    Not to mention how steep the head tube angle would be with a Sid. Would be pretty funny though, if not at all functional.
    I put a Judy SL on my co-workers RM7 when he was gone for the weekend. Used one of those 6" rise cruiser stems on it, too. Fortunately, he also thought it was funny.

mtbr member

30.5 lbs ...what this topic needs is pictures!!!!!!!!!!11

Quote Originally Posted by awai04
    As soon as that happens, I'm lining up for another bike!

And no carbon or Tubless tyres yet ....What do ya think?

Pushed RP3
    Am sl 150mm fork
    Hone crank
    Hope pro 2 hubs with mavic rims and really light bontrager 2.4 earl tyres.

I already rode that
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    Didn't MBA review that a few months back? 35 pounds if I recall. But Brent Foes is no dummy. He knows that to build a bike that will take hard hits you must use sturdy components. You've noticed that the latest craze is air shocks for FR/DH. Why doesn't Foes use them on their FR/DH bikes?
    Some ppl let others set the standards or new things first before jumping on that bandwagon
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

mtbr member

More pictures vicar...

30.5 lbs and getting lighter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your bike is incorrigible

No Way!

Quote Originally Posted by mzungo
    30.5 lbs and getting lighter
    You have to be kidding, surely. A Gemini that weighs only 30.5lbs? The ones I've seen have been mid to upper thirties.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Why on earth would you want such a thing?
    for the same reason people insist on doing drops to flat or negative transition

for the same reason people will spend $$$$ to "upgrade" their bike when more saddle time would make them faster, better at all fundamental aspects of cycling, and less likely to think the problem is the equipment (rather than the rider)

for the same reason people would own a gigantic SUV and drive it on pavement

mtbr member

Light frame plus air

Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    You have to be kidding, surely. A Gemini that weighs only 30.5lbs? The ones I've seen have been mid to upper thirties.
    The Gemini is a light frame only arround 7.5 lbs the,RP3 is one of the lightest shocks around and that alone saved 1.5 lbs the forkes saved another 1 3/4 lbs the crank set another. the tyres and xc tubes saved 2lbs and the wheels another pound
    all of a suden a 37 lb bike is hovering arround the 30 lb ish mark (on my bathroom scales)

And as to why !
    Last year i fractured my spine on a huge drop to a ladder, i stoped being quite as Downhill freeride oriented and wanted a more pedal freindly machine after the accident.i had most of the parts any way so why not.it was a lot cheaper than buying a new Prophet.

She's a great ride and really quite nimble the shock is pushed and very active but with the propedal it can be turned on to give a firm platform to climb, its a versatile machine,and i think very All mountain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2