mtbr member

Wheelset for my size

I know this isnt probably in the right forum but I trust you guys here in the all mountain forum. I'm 6 feet tall aprox. 255 pounds and am looking for a good all mountain wheel set. I've been trying to do research on wheelsets but just cant find any good info. I also ride a HT Diamondback response comp 06 with sun ditchwitch double wall rims. I'm looking for any and all suggestions.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by Udrija
    I know this isnt probably in the right forum but I trust you guys here in the all mountain forum. I'm 6 feet tall aprox. 255 pounds and am looking for a good all mountain wheel set. I've been trying to do research on wheelsets but just cant find any good info. I also ride a HT Diamondback response comp 06 with sun ditchwitch double wall rims. I'm looking for any and all suggestions.
    Definatelly strong rims. The true strength of the wheel comes from how it is built. 36 vs 32 spokes helps too. If the wheels are still fairly new, I would take them to a local bike shop which builds good wheels and have them tension and true them properly. They should last after that. The rims are definately up to the task.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    sounds good I wasnt sure if these rims were going to be that great because they are stock rims but I guess stock parts can be good as well

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by Udrija
    sounds good I wasnt sure if these rims were going to be that great because they are stock rims but I guess stock parts can be good as well
    The stock parts which tend to be crappy are hubs, headsets and suspension elements, brakes. This is where the companies can cut the most cost. Low end derailleurs like Deore and LX, are far from crappy, they're just kinda heavy, but they function just fine.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho