Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008

Whats the biggest...

Ok, I ride everything and I do it on my Rampage; my cousin wants to start getting into the sport of mountainbiking a little more but wants some more travel. He's riding a '05-'06 Gary Fisher Tarpon; its the large frame, like a 21" or something huge. Anyhow, whats the biggest travel fork he could put on it travel-wise that will still be ridable??
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by xterrain
    Ok, I ride everything and I do it on my Rampage; my cousin wants to start getting into the sport of mountainbiking a little more but wants some more travel. He's riding a '05-'06 Gary Fisher Tarpon; its the large frame, like a 21" or something huge. Anyhow, whats the biggest travel fork he could put on it travel-wise that will still be ridable??
    Call GF. There's also a difference between rideable and still under warranty. If it were me, I'd by a nice fork of the same travel, they are specced with that length of fork for a reason

Keep in mind that new Fishers have offset forks, do you know if this one does?

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    I dont know if it is or not, the bike doesnt NEED to be under warranty and GF has no direct contact line [as I was told by a local dealer].
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

wait...what?
    try contacting them through their website...if not, just get a better fork of the same travel