mtbr member
    Jan 2009

What do you think of this bike?

Hi, a guy is selling this bike: Giant X3, for $800.00
    The bike is in excellent condition, the only problem is that I dont know the year it was made.
    I was looking at the Giant website for X3 frame 2008-2009 and its different. Can anyone know the year of this model and if it is a good deal? (take a look at the frame). Pictures are attached. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2007
    2004 or 2005

mtbr member

squish is good
    Yeah, not a Trance X. $800 is about what I would expect. You might be able to talk him down a bit though, thats a pretty old bike with a relatively low end component spec. I think they went for around $2g's new so at 4 years old it's probably not in perfect condition anymore.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

2005-06 Trance 3

Look up 2005 Giant Trance 3 on bikepedia.com, it will give you a photo, complete spec, and retail price of the bike in 2005. I have the exact bike in a medium frame, bought it three months ago in "nearly new" condition on eBay for $560.00- with shipping it was $630.00, still a great deal. It's a very nice ride for the $, don't forget to check out the MTBR reviews- they were my primary source when deciding to buy mine. In the end I believe I got a lot of bike for the money, I spent less than many would on an average spec HT for a bike that was very hard to distinguish from new. I would think the price could be negotiated some though...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutchman83
    Yeah, not a Trance X. $800 is about what I would expect. You might be able to talk him down a bit though, thats a pretty old bike with a relatively low end component spec. I think they went for around $2g's new so at 4 years old it's probably not in perfect condition anymore.

If you click on the link provided, it actually gives you the orig MSRP which I couldn't imagine being near 2k:

Mountain bike, front & rear suspension
    Sugg Retail $1,600.00
    Weight Unspecified
    Sizes 14.5", 16", 18", 20", 21"
    Colors Silver

It's not spec'd anywhere close to a 2k bike for that model year.

Members who have read this thread: 0