Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Reign is complete bike only, no frames. Have to part it out. The Reign X can be frame only and is a bit more freeride (slacker / heavier).

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Jack'sDad,
    I can get a great deal on an 09 Reign 1 and part it out. If I were to do that, I would be way under my budget and can get a new fork as well.
    Thanks for the heads up though.
    Eric

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbyred
    Jack'sDad,
    I can get a great deal on an 09 Reign 1 and part it out. If I were to do that, I would be way under my budget and can get a new fork as well.
    Thanks for the heads up though.
    Eric
    yeah, I agree. I think that the 09 Reign with its slacker head angle may be near perfect with a 160 travel fork. In stock trim with a 140 mm travel fork it has a 68 degree head angle and a low-ish bb hight, so with the longer fork it should be 66.5 head angle. I owned the 08 version and it had a standard 69 head angle and running a 160 travel fork made the handling feel very neutral. I had the "0" model which, when I sold the frame, left me with a great fork, wheelset, brakes and gears. Now I have a BLT2 built up and a Nomad on its way.

Re Nomads, Im not sure that the latest version and the old version are going to be of the same ilk. As I understand it the old Nomads had a longer chain-stay length and shorter top tube both of which when combined with the slack head angle allowed good descending and ascending abilities (for a long travel bike). The new ones have gone shorter on the chain-stays and longer on the top tube.

mtbr member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daf0xDbZP8c

Lapierre Spicy 316 may also fit the bill.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    All great suggestions and great bikes.

My suggestions would be an Ellsworth moment if you want the plush, fully active in all situations advatage of a true 4 bar.

Nomad if you like the slight chain tensioning drive of vpp

Orange alpine 160 for single pivot simplicity.

If you want a real bargain. look at the specialzed pitch.

Incidently Nomads have a steeper head angle this year as well as shorter stays and a longer top tube. more "all mountain" than previously.

mtbr member
    My Nomad was built as a trail bike but.....

I race my nomad for XC and doing a 6 hour this weekend. Also do DH shutle runs and have alot of fun. My rig is about 33lb with Lyriks Coil uturn is VERY versatile!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2