mtbr member
    May 2011

What bike would you choose and why? (Spitfire vs Bandit vs Lapierre vs YT)

I have a steel hardtail as my am bike now but I'm thinking about going over to full suspension.

My choices are as follow:
    New frame and fork (150mm) only and use my hardware from my hardtail. Frame that are one top of the list are Banshee Spitfire and Transition Bandit. Maybe Butcher could be on the list depending on price.
    New Lapierre Zesty 214 or Wicked 150 from YT-Industries.
    YT got a sick spec for that kind or money. What do think?
    Last edited by haakan; 04-04-2012 at 12:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    well, i never rode it but based on specs, if i had the money i would get me a banshee. with a 150 fork the seatube is 73-74 degrees which would be good for my legs for climbing and the head angle would be 66-67 which is on the slacker side which would mow downhills. then if your focused on creating more sag you can change the rear shock position. my guess is if your running fox 32mm it would be on the steeper end of those specs while RS axle to crown is 10mm longer so a half a deg slacker, then if your running 36mm stanchions or a lyrick if would be on the slackest end of those specs. but technically never ridden any of them but just going by theory based on specs for me. i have discovered seatube angle influences my seat position to how i get aligned over the cranks. if its too slack i have to push the seat forward reducing top tube reach. i got get the cranks rite for pedaling effeciency for longer rides. i like slacker front ends.

just looked up the wicked150 and the geom is about the same; 1 degree steeper on headtube but that would foot the bill also for me also. It doesnt have the shock position change either but not that importance. If all your choices if they're all about the same geom, I would pick the one that catches your eye the best or the cheapest one. peace.
    Last edited by akiracornell; 04-04-2012 at 12:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dyelvepanna View Post
    Writing quality content in your internet site is they key to attracting more visitors and building loyal readership By integrating certain elements in to articles, you can make them simple for search-engines to locate These elements will drive traffic to your website and enhance your search engine rank Ensure that content is unique and highly relevant to your website Although S E O crucial, all articles should really be written for a human audience

Here are some simple easy methods to optimize your articles for search-engines:

Write Well

Search-engines love quality content If individuals who visit your site find your articles interesting, they are going to link to it and share it with their friends If your articles aren't adequate to attract organic links, it doesn't matter how "optimized" they've been Writing content that centers on interesting topics in your industry can help you gain recognition and become van expert in your field

Create a Captivating Headline

A compelling headline makes the reader desire to discover more by reading this article Your headline may be the first impression you make on a reader Many people will read your headline, but only a few of tem will go through the whole article Write a captivating headline that promises answers to a problem and creates curiosity Tell your readers in regards to the main benefit present in the story Utilize the active voice

Choose the right Keywords
    Stay focused on one keyword phrase per article Be sure you keep the text natural and flowing Use proper keyword density Don't stuff key words into paragraphs Spread them evenly throughout the article Adding lots of maisontouteclaire com]pozycjonowanie stron

key words into your articles looks unprofessional It is recommended to make use of keywords in the introduction and conclusion Do not sacrifice quality for keyword ratios

Make Short paragraphs are readable and comprehend Your paragraphs should contain three to five sentences Long paragraphs discourage your readers from even wanting to comprehend your articles When you wish to offer a sense of action, use short sentences Include lists and bullet points in your content These elements allow readers to look into a full page quickly and understand what the content is about

Make sure your articles are original If you add duplicated text to your internet website, you may get penalized by se's Creating quality content isn't a thing that people can master overnight With time, become familiar with how exactly to write compelling articles that attract both search engines and folks
    well thank you, I will take all that into consideration. As I love to blab on and dont create shorter paragraphs.

Like this. I hope that helps attract more readers. Not to mention my proof reading skill suck and tend to ruin flow and comprehension. Funny thing is your advice collumn was a tad long I did not completely finish reading it. But I tryed. Sometimes my ADD and dyslexia get in the way but thank you anyway.

Paragraph break:

As I found it compelling. Peace.

mtbr member
    Spitfire is the lowest and slackest and the most fun bike I've ever owned. It isn't for everyone tho - if you ride a lot of terrain with large rocks the clearance thing may become an issue. I feel the suspension is also superior to the Horst Link of the Transition and Canyon. The LaPierre uses a DW link, as I recall, and should work great but it isn't as aggressive as the other bikes you list. Butcher - don't bother, not in the same class if you ask me (and I was even a SC fanboy for years).

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 04-04-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

conjoinicorned
    the spitfire is sick, great geometry great suspension and great looks.

what else do you need
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    The spitfire is the most progressive/geo 5" inch bike on the market that I know of. It's a very fun trail bike as stated, however all is not milk & honey. The pivots absolutely BLOW and the rockers are flexy noodles, ruining an otherwise awesome bike. Now, the bandit with some angle reducing cups (werks etc.) would probably be an awesome trouble free bike for the long haul. Don't know much about your other two, but if your used to a hardtail you may not like the HL on the zesty as they tend to squat under power.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Could I run a bigger fork on the Bandit? Like Fox 36 or Lyrik?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by haakan View Post
    Could I run a bigger fork on the Bandit? Like Fox 36 or Lyrik?
    Yes. I have a Vengeance 160mm on mine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by big JC View Post
    The spitfire is the most progressive/geo 5" inch bike on the market that I know of. It's a very fun trail bike as stated, however all is not milk & honey. The pivots absolutely BLOW and the rockers are flexy noodles, ruining an otherwise awesome bike. Now, the bandit with some angle reducing cups (werks etc.) would probably be an awesome trouble free bike for the long haul. Don't know much about your other two, but if your used to a hardtail you may not like the HL on the zesty as they tend to squat under power.
    What the WHAT? The last thing the Spitty can be described as would be flexy! It tracks straighter than any AM bike I've ridden/rockers are short and stout as anything in the biz. The bushing issue has been a far FAR bigger problem on the 2011 Rune leading most to believe there was a problem with frame jig alignment. A lot of the bushing issues with Spittys comes from over-tightening the pivot bolts and not the design which has even been upgraded this year with keronite coatings on the pivot axles.

My 2 cents,

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 04-06-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!