mtbr member
    May 2006

What is best for me?

I'm looking at a 1000 Prophet, a heckler, or some other used bike that I can get for a decent price 1200-1500. I'm 6' 250 lbs. Are both of these durable for some decent use? We do alot of trails in vegas, and I have done a few of the ski resorts in the past. Recommendations and experiences that any of you have had will help.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Pretty hard to go wrong with the amount of happy Heckler owners out there. It has proved itself over time.

it tied the room together
    Quote Originally Posted by BCool
    I'm looking at a 1000 Prophet, a heckler, or some other used bike that I can get for a decent price 1200-1500. I'm 6' 250 lbs. Are both of these durable for some decent use? We do alot of trails in vegas, and I have done a few of the ski resorts in the past. Recommendations and experiences that any of you have had will help.
    I'm 6'4 265 and ride a Heckler in CT. Out here its all rocks, roots and bigger rocks. Very technical and puts a beating on any bike especially when you're our size. The thing is like a Timex - takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

What are you looking at?
    Go for the Heckler, it's a tough bike that can handle alot, but it still climbs without any problems. It's a really fun bike to ride up or down or just to goof off with. But don't get me wrong the Prophet is a nice bike but I felt awkward and streched out when riding it(and yes it was the right size for me).

So I'd recommend the Heckler.
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

mtbr member
    May 2006
    So anybody know where the best deals are on a heckler?

mtbr member
    you will be lucky to find any kind of deal on a SC product. they typically dont have sales, and the heckler complete starts at 1600, IIRC. Cambria sells em online, and so does Colorado Cyclist. Other than that, hit up your LB.

Matt

mtbr member
    May 2006
    What about used?

What are you looking at?
    check the pinkbike buy and sell...

www.pinkbike.com
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher