Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    AllMountain+CwmcarnUplift
    Quote Originally Posted by tonys102
    But none of those are around 1400 sterling! What about the Specialized Pitch..? The Meta 5.5 is also getting rave reviews, as is the Orange 5.
    The Specialized Pitch is a great bike for the money but it is only a 5" travel bike! But like a few people have mentioned on here, If the OP does XC and FR/DH not as often I think it would be a good investment. My friend has a Pitch Pro and it sounds like is a similar rider to the OP and loves his bike. He does Cwmcarn DH on it and has no prob with it because he isnt hitting the big jumps and step offs but still carries a fair bit of speed!
    If your not falling off, your not riding fast enough!

Cube Fritzz 2008

GT Aggressor XC 1

C.U.S.T.O.M
    Aug 2008
    The Pitch's are 150mm/5.9in bike. Round it up and its a great 6 inch all mountain rig for the money.

Huh?
    The Pitch, for the most part, has a good entry price but really bad components.

mtbr member
    Norco Six
    Giant Reign (x)
    Sx Trail
    Remedy 9
    Bottlerocket
    Preston FR
    Heckler
    Nomad
    Lean back, Hit both brakes, And ask yourself, Do you feel lucky today?

Shred all that can be
    Gt Sanction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "This sticker is dangerous and inconvienent, but I do love Fig Newtons"

jones'in
    The Giant Reign and ReignX have got to be near the top of the list. Along with the Knolly Delerium-T RFX.

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

attending to my vices
    in your price range:

giant reign
    heckler
    chumba exc
    gt sanction
    spec pitch
    prophet

all great bikes. Be honest about your riding style because if you are over-gunned you won't enjoy your rides as much.
    OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004
    Have you seen the enduro SL Comps for 1299UKGBP or the Expert for 1499, for X0 rear mech, XO shifters XT cranks I think the way prices have gone this year its a bargain. So much so I've just ordered one. The other bikes to consider for cheap is the Prophet, Reign and Commencal 5.5.

AllMountain+CwmcarnUplift
    Quote Originally Posted by airs0ft3r
    The Pitch, for the most part, has a good entry price but really bad components.
    I would agree if you mean the Comp but, If you mean the Pro i would have to disagree. Granted the Pro isnt the best equipt bike out there but for 1400 its pretty good value for money! IMO
    If your not falling off, your not riding fast enough!

Cube Fritzz 2008

GT Aggressor XC 1

TLL
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks
    My point being if the OP wants a 6" travel light freeride bike let him get one! The 08 RFX is a perfect example of a bike used for all mtn biking that most riders will never take to it's limits.
    Tru dat. It can also be used in a pinch for XC trail riding (tho it won't be as quick as an XC bike). Truly an all round bike. If money were no object I'd recommend the RFX over most of the bikes suggested in this thread, and also suggest the Knolly Endorphin and the new DW Link Turner Spot.

Quote Originally Posted by tonys102
    But none of those are around 1400 sterling! What about the Specialized Pitch..? The Meta 5.5 is also getting rave reviews, as is the Orange 5.
    The Pitch? Decent bike, really. Has some sketch components but they can always be replaced. A pal works for one of Speccys flagship stores and they tend to reccomend the Pitch over the Enduro. So she says anyway.

ps i agree with fo
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

mtbr member
    ok I am dumb and I did not know what 1400 converted to in USD so I asked google and this is what I got 1,400.00 GBP = 2,171.66 USD

Santa Cruz Heckler D AM = $2099 (us msrp)

I like my Heckler, and I ride AM and XC and have a good time. Sometime I think the bike is a tad over built for my skill level but that gives me room to grow
    2007'ish Heckler and 2006 Chameleon
    If anyone needs the help of a prototype/custom machinist let me know.

mtbr member

Nomad

If you can afford it, the Santa Cruz Nomad is hard to beat.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by venom600
    The Giant Reign and ReignX have got to be near the top of the list. Along with the Knolly Delerium-T RFX.

--Ben
    You can't compare the knolly delirium t with those other bikes... waaaay better.

mbtr member
    there's currently aren't any good 6" bikes on the market. Sorry.

Additionally, 6" of travel is wasted on a bike that comes in under 30lbs, and a 50mm drop at the fork will make for a miserable pedalling experience thanks to a very steep seat angle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Banshee Rune has a very decent price point and probably can be build ~30lbs without to much investment

Riiiiiide...
    Quote Originally Posted by scottzg
    there's currently aren't any good 6" bikes on the market. Sorry.

Additionally, 6" of travel is wasted on a bike that comes in under 30lbs, and a 50mm drop at the fork will make for a miserable pedalling experience thanks to a very steep seat angle.

Hah, yeah i agree. Its gotta be 6.3" or 6.7". Everything else just doesnt make sense!

Just Ride.
    Giant Reign FTW!!

Simply an amazing bike. Also, Giant is able to give a great spec on their bikes - you'll be paying twice that for a Santa Cruz or Rocky equivalent...

mtbr member
    I have read alot of threads similiar to this one

A huge BIG UP to SC

and that is why I bought my Heckler over some of the other bikes I was looking at.
    2007'ish Heckler and 2006 Chameleon
    If anyone needs the help of a prototype/custom machinist let me know.

mtbr member
    I really like the new nomad a lot that would be my first choice! and diamondback has really stepped their game up in the past few years! the mission series is amazing! I think a lot of people look past diamondback cause they never really had a decent full suspension bike but there new Knuckle Box Rear Suspension design is a force to be reconed with! I also like the trek remedy and gary fisher roscoe and giant reign! and one other really cool new bike is the niner wfo 29 inch wheels and 5.5 inch travel! and i would say iron horse 6 point series cause the dw link is awesome but what were they thinking with the 37ish pound weight?

MTB SOCAL

Moment

If you are looking for an awesome 6" travel bike that can do everything and handle abuse, definitely look at the Ellsworth Moment. I have my Moment built up just under 30 lbs with a Fox 36 TALAS RLC fork with 160mm travel. The Moment pedals amazingly well for a 6" travel bike. Another bike you may consider is the Titus El Guapo, which also rides very nicely.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

Knolliac
    Nomad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.JPG (142.0 KB, 1508 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.JPG (99.6 KB, 1524 views)

SamIAm
    SxT
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

05 SxT: totemcoil, dhxair, juicycarbons, LXcranks, X9kit, halo freedomdisc, deity compound pedals

TLL
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jabba69
    Thanks for all your comments these are my weapons of choices specialized enduro 08,commencal meta 5.5, orange 5 or turner 5 spot which would you choose.
    Turner 5 Spot or the Commencal. Both great bikes. If you want a Specialized bike the Pitch is a much better choice.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thread Hi-jack! (But it is on topic!)

I'm looking to change my frame, I am looking for a 6" rear travel all mountain bike.

I currently have a Santa Cruz Heckler, with a Fox36 RC2, which is a great bike but I am looking to move on from single pivot.

I weight 205lbs and ride aggresive XC to light FR, 6' drops to flat, to hitting rock gardens at pace. But due to having no lift system access it needs to be able to climb well, from steep technical to 3 mile trail climbs

I'm looking for a frame around 7Lbs Max

So all suggestions welcomeand any comments on the bikes mention below are welcome!

I am currently considering..,

Turner RFX
    Intense 6.6
    Yeti ASR 7
    Ellesworth Moment
    Santa Cruz Nomad

(But if the truth be known I find the ASR & Moment quiet ugly!)

Thanks

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash Bang
    Thread Hi-jack! (But it is on topic!)

I'm looking to change my frame, I am looking for a 6" rear travel all mountain bike.

I currently have a Santa Cruz Heckler, with a Fox36 RC2, which is a great bike but I am looking to move on from single pivot.

I weight 205lbs and ride aggresive XC to light FR, 6' drops to flat, to hitting rock gardens at pace. But due to having no lift system access it needs to be able to climb well, from steep technical to 3 mile trail climbs

I'm looking for a frame around 7Lbs Max

So all suggestions welcomeand any comments on the bikes mention below are welcome!

I am currently considering..,

Turner RFX
    Intense 6.6
    Yeti ASR 7
    Ellesworth Moment
    Santa Cruz Nomad

(But if the truth be known I find the ASR & Moment quiet ugly!)

Thanks
    Don't be a fool or Mr T will come and kick your a$$.

http://www.go-ride.com/ProductDetail...000-1168878294

Check on the Turner forum if you need another size.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast