Riding a Rig.

What Agressive Xc of All Mountain bike would you send your 1200.00 on?

Okay, long story short I was rebuilding my hardtail, ran into ALOT of problems (part mixups all kinds of crap) and have deicded to jsut sell off all my upgrade parts and buy a new FS bike. Now, what I really want is a long travel XC bike. I don't do big jumps or drops, but I want the bike to be more capable than your average 3.5" XC bike.

So... 1200.00 or so, what should I get?
    "Physics is timeless. Marketing and bs never lasts. Thats been proven time and time again."
    -Dave Weagle

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    2004 Marin Rock Springs from Sierra Trading post. If you are lucky you might even find a 20% off coupon.

Morten

a tight kick sound
    used 5 spot!!!!!

People of zee wurl,Relax!

Iron Horse

Look for Iron Horse bikes. They are a good value.

Riding a Rig.
    I think I am going to be getting a 2005 Giant Trance 4 with BB7 discs for a bit under 1k. Thats about the best deal I have found so far. I have a Laserdisc Lite wheelset and a X9 drivetrain I will be swapping in on whatever bike I get. At some point, maybe at the end of this season when things go on sale I will buy a different fork. However, for now and over the summer the Axel on the trance 4 will work okay.
    "Physics is timeless. Marketing and bs never lasts. Thats been proven time and time again."
    -Dave Weagle

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    You may want to check out the Jamis XLT. I paid $1150 for mine and it has been a great all mountain bike. The parts are low rent but very reliable and rideable.