Thread: Which Warrior?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

New question here. Which Warrior?

Hello,
    I am pretty sure I wanna get one of the Warrior series bikes from IH...
    I am probably gonna get it from rsycle...unless you guys think otherwise...
    These are my choices:
    Warrior:
    Pro DS 2006 ($700)
    Trail DS 2006($500)
    Warrior 6.0 2007($1000)
    Warrior 4.0 2007($750)

Those are my choices....
    Which do you think would be the best for the money?

Also...is there a big difference between the warrior 4 and warrior 6?

THANKS

P.S. What do you think about the Sachem 4.0 2007...is it better than warrior?here:
    http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id....=2&category=55

Living the High Life
    It looks like your best bet from those selections is the Pro-DS. You get roughly the same components as the 6.0 and for the $300 difference you can just upgrade what you need later, and sell the old stuff.

Of course it wouldn't be complete unless I suggested some other bike right? Well I won't, but I'd consider putting on some hydraulic brakes in place of those mechanical discs (mech. discs come on both bikes).

For $700 bucks you get a good bike and can get out and ride it and upgrade stuff as you like. Everyone has different opinions and whats worth upgrading, so ride it and figure it out for yourself.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Ok...So it sounds like the pro ds 06' will be the best..
    What do you think about the Sachem series?

Living the High Life
    Basically the same this but a little bigger, they're a little heavier, but have 1" more suspension travel.

It depends how you're going to lean in all mountain, more drops, rocks, etc = more suspension. More climbing = less weight.

I used to do 2-3' drops on my 4" travel bike, but that was a bit much for it and the frame is starting to warp. 5" would have been better. If you're going bigger than 2-3' get the 6" travel. Otherwise 5" will be fine.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.