mtbr member

User Feedback on KS Lev Ti 150mm Seatpost?

Sorry if this info is out there somewhere, but "KS LEV Ti' are too short to yield any search results.

My Kronolog, that is dead for the fourth time, is just about out of warranty and I'm ready to abandon it. I can't do an internally routed dropper on my frame and I don't want a cable going up and down, so I'm looking at the KS Lev Ti Black seatpost. I need the 30.9mm version and I'm thinking I'd like to go 150mm vs the 125mm I have with the Kronolog. Anyone out there have one of these? Got any feedback you'd like to share?

I'm already keenly aware most droppers eventually have an issue and I know KS customer service can be VERY difficult to get a hold of. On my wife's ETEN, I gave up trying to get a hold of them first and just sent the seatpost in. Once KS had it, they called me and were very helpful in resolving the ETEN's issue. Enough so, that I'm willing to give them another shot.

TIA

mtbr member
    You really appear to have the answers to your questions!

I have been fairly happy with my LEV - although I do prefer the seat clamping mechanism of the Thomson - but like you I prefer the non moving cable more so am willing to deal with it.

The actuation lever for the LEV / any of the KS lineup is my favorite in the business.

Really happy small parts can be acquired through arts cyclery - Getting parts for the LEV in Canada is a royal pain in the a$$.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Liking mine so far. Initially had an i950r and like it. Had to send it back once in the warranty period and ks took care of it. Has been working fine for over 2 years, but just recently started not returning to full height all the time. Needs service, so decided that the extra 25mm, all black, and non moving cable housing of the lev ti would be nice. Also like that you can adjust the pressure unlike the i950, although you'd have to take the seat off. The ability to move where the cable is 360* around the post is nice. While I didn't hate the remote on the i950r, I decided to use a shifter when I installed the lev. I like it better, just seems a more natural motion for me. I've only used the lev for a month or so, but definitely think it looks awesome and is working well so far.

mtbr member

So it works well until it doesn't. Sounds like a typical dropper. I'm pulling the trigger. It can't be worse than my Kronolog.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhmax View Post
    I decided to use a shifter when I installed the lev. I like it better, just seems a more natural motion for me. I've only used the lev for a month or so, but definitely think it looks awesome and is working well so far.
    hmmm, since switching to 1x I have a bunch of front D sitting around in the parts bin. Maybe I will rig one up and see how it feels.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    There's a couple threads talking about using a shifter. I used a newer xtr ispec shifter. Basically just have to open it up and disable the ratchet so it doesn't catch. Looking at one of the threads it was fairly straightforward to figure it out. More ergonomic for me. I feel it will be less prone to gunking up like my ks lever did after a while. KS does have a new remote called the southpaw also.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I got both the integra and Ti. Both work perfect and no problem so far. Customer support is no where to be found when I got the integra cable movement problem.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Used the reverb & the lev. Reverb blew up in about 5ish months of riding. Lev still going strong. My (limited) understanding is the lev is a one way bearing vs the million O-rings in the reverb.

Liked the feel of the trigger on the reverb a lot, but the action on the lev is FAR better.

mtbr member
    I got one almost a year ago and its been great. I had to take it apart and clean it after a few really muddy rides cause it got sticky. I didn't take the cartridge apart just the slide portion. I had the cable routed to go up the back of the seat tube and I think that's how muddy water got in. Besides for that its been flawless and I moved the cable to a new spot when I had it apart.
    14 Banshee Paradox
    13 Banshee Rune
    T1 barcode

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I was curious if the cable attach point would keep gunk out or not. I've got mine on the front of the seat tube to prevent any issues.

mtbr member
    It will in most locations. Mounted rearward riding in torrential down pours likely wasn't something it was designed for. You can split a piece of a tube and zip tie it around the collar of the post if you plan on riding in bad weather with it in back. All it needs it to not be able to suck water in. The post has to vent somewhere and that's where it vents. In any normal circumstance it wouldn't be a issue.
    14 Banshee Paradox
    13 Banshee Rune
    T1 barcode

mtbr member

I just installed my new KS Lev. Bear with me here, it's my first Lev. Is it normal to have to unweight the saddle a bit before it will drop? With my full weight on the saddle I push the lever and nothing. If I lift my butt just a bit and then sit down it drops fine. Neither my Kronolog nor Reverb function like this, so I'm not sure if this is normal for a Lev. If this is normal, it's not the end of the world. It'll just take some getting used to.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Seem normal like that. Both of my lev did that. Almost beginning of every ride I have to jump start it by pressing the remote and tap the saddle with my butt or lift the saddle up to get it moving. After that should be fine for the ride and repeat that again for next ride.

mtbr member

It's not a start of ride thing. It's all the time.

Can you sit on the saddle, take both feet off the pedals, push the lever, and get the saddle to drop?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Yeah it will listen to my command after the initial start. I usually dropped the post all the way down at the end of the ride. So next ride (days in between ride) I had to press the remote and lift the saddle up to get it moving. After that the whole ride are perfect. Vice versa if I let the post all the way up at the end of the ride.

mtbr member
    +7 months on mine with only one rebuild about the 6 month mark with deteriation of internal rubber stop bumper that was making the post feel rough. Outside of that, post has been great and is head and shoulders better than the KS Spernatural 150 that I have on other bike. I had to ultimately convert that to lever actuator post instead of remote due how finicky the cable and tension is on that. Very pleased with the KS Ti 150 so far and has been worth the coin I put up for it.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal-Rider View Post
    I just installed my new KS Lev. Bear with me here, it's my first Lev. Is it normal to have to unweight the saddle a bit before it will drop? With my full weight on the saddle I push the lever and nothing. If I lift my butt just a bit and then sit down it drops fine. Neither my Kronolog nor Reverb function like this, so I'm not sure if this is normal for a Lev. If this is normal, it's not the end of the world. It'll just take some getting used to.
    Not normal. Typically this means you need to increase the external cable tension slightly. It can also mean the internal cable is just slightly loose as well but on a brand new post, I'd be more suspicious that the external cable needs a slight adjustment.

-Chris

mtbr member

^Thanks. I'll try messing with the adjuster.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

AW: User Feedback on KS Lev Ti 150mm Seatpost?

As nobody seems to know about this I decided to crosspost:

I've a 150mm LEV and a 150 LEV Integra and they run both fine as long as you consider TWO very important aspects:

1) never lift the bike up on the saddle when the post is dropped down! (ok that is well known)

2) Be advised that the LEV lever sports more cable movement than what is actually necessary for the mechanics of the post to operate, means if you fully press the lever everytime to it's dead-end you'll sooner or later break the inner cable because the dead end of cable movement is not provided by the lever but the internal mechanics itself. That is a major design flaw - the internal cable is only designed to transfer operating forces and will therefore sooner or later break. Solution is very simple, put in a small screw in the hole already provided by the lever!

I wish more people knew about this but I'm a "nobody" myself and KS won't publish this although it's by far the main reason for internal cable breakage. Hell, they even published a video on youtube on how to change the internal cable but now how to prevent that from happening in the first place!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails User Feedback on KS Lev Ti 150mm Seatpost?-uploadfromtaptalk1418570666501.jpg  

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by cakelly4 View Post
    Not normal. Typically this means you need to increase the external cable tension slightly. It can also mean the internal cable is just slightly loose as well but on a brand new post, I'd be more suspicious that the external cable needs a slight adjustment.

-Chris
    Tightening the external cable adjuster did the trick. Thanks.

With my Kronolog you don't want the cable too tight, so I was erring toward too loose.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Sweet! Glad it worked out. If you have any other issues along the way, check here:

KS LEV - DIY Cartridge Rebuild

Enjoy.
    -Chris