greedy as a pig

Upgrading Marz forks on a Coiler

I have a 2004 Kona Coiler with Marzocchi Drop Off comp forks and I want to upgrade them because they feel too harsh and seems like they just don't absorb the quick hits very well. I'm thinking of getting either a Manitou Nixon Comp or Elite. Would this be a good upgrade over my current forks? Also, is the only difference between the Comp and the Elite is the ability to adjust travel? Thanks.

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    Persionaly I'm a little hesitant about manitue forks, I have blown out a "Black Elite" and have friend who have blown out theirs. I have no experience with the Nixion, nor have read anything on them. But I love Marz products, have you looked into other marz forks? the what about a z150 or a 66 150mm, you might even be able to get away with a 66 at 170mm.

my borther runs has a z150 and loves it. I know that they are old but they are well proven and alot of people know how to work on them, also you could probably pick up a used pritty cheap (like $200). Plus the z150 or a 66 will have alot better damping then the dorpiff which is going to spike on quick impacts, the better quality forks will be much smoother.

hope any of this helps, and good luck

Don't skid
    I am running a Pike on my 04 Coiler. Great fork, travel reduction, lockout, under 5 lbs, and cheap.
    The Revolution will not be motorized...especially at $5 per gallon.