mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Turner Flux or Intense 5.5

Hi guys I need your advice.
    I do long XC ride (50 miles) , lots of climb, but I want a bike capable of ride agresive technical singletrack and rockgardens abuse.
    I think it should be around 27 pounds.
    I m skiny 140 pounds and 5"10 height.
    Also tell me which fork match the frame?
    Thank you.
    Nuevo disipulo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso argote
    Hi guys I need your advice.
    I do long XC ride (50 miles) , lots of climb, but I want a bike capable of ride agresive technical singletrack and rockgardens abuse.
    I think it should be around 27 pounds.
    I m skiny 140 pounds and 5"10 height.
    Also tell me which fork match the frame?
    Thank you.
    Sorry man, I've got no advice for you. I just wanted to say that this was the first time I've seen anyone asking for help choosing between these two frames. Are you sure you don't want to choose between the flux and a spyder? Good luck!

banned
    As far as your needs go, out of the two you're looking at the Flux being the perfect ride, but it still remains that you're deciding between two bikes in different classes. A 5 Spot is in the 5.5 class with its 5.3 inches of travel and more comparable angles. What is drawing you to the 5" trailbike class from a 4"sport XC racer class?

I can't be 100% sure, but I thought the Spyder's published geometry is based on an 80mm fork up front, although I happen to see 100's on them all the time.

All good bikes. Perhaps you just need to evaluate some more about what will suit 99% of your riding? That said, I am a Flux owner with 60 pounds on you and I ride in the rocks and it's been great. I think I am just below or at the 27 mark pretty easy. I'm using an old Marzocchi X fly and like the low slung front, but I see a lot of people using Reba's and felt the stiffness and the smoothness in the parking lot test. Felt nice and the travel adjust is easy to use and not hard on the fingers at all.

Dat mah bike, punk!
    get the 5.5, pedals like a hardtail.

the flux isnow like a kona. and only has 4"

reba race coil with poploc

we'll probably never hear from this alfonso guy again. but hey we have to try
    every thread needs an uploaded image of one kind or another.

Time is not a road.
    Why not an Epiphany? It's getting great reviews as both a good XC bike and capable all rounder - sort of fits right in between the two bikes you mentioned there.