Thread: Turner 6 pack

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Turner 6 pack

Is it a 2006 vintage turner 6 pack on par with a 2009 reign x as far as durability, or is it more comparable to a reign?
    Just another redneck with a bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schlockinz
    Is it a 2006 vintage turner 6 pack on par with a 2009 reign x as far as durability, or is it more comparable to a reign?
    a turner 6 pack frame is more durable than both a reign and a reign x

=)

mtbr member
    May 2004
    A bought new old stock 2006 RFX/Six Pack in 2009 and built it up to use for general abuse- jumping, small drops, bombing DH. It has held up great and I love the way it turns.

mtbr member
    I've been riding a 2006 Six Pack since November 2006. I live /ride the Vancouver, BC North Shore trails, a few bike park days a year (I'm not a big fan), and throw an air shock on it and use it as an all mountain rig around the province and beyond.

The Turner is light enough to climb and strong enough to descend, with great geometry for my riding style/terrain. I have an air Fox 36 with adjustable travel up front which greatly assists the versatility. I've had it for four years now, and see no reason to change it.

As for OP's original question, I would say that the Six Pack is more on a par with the Reign X, which has proved a really popular (and more affordable) rig for those that ride the same trails that I do.

The Reign is a more aggressive XC oriented ride, and not as suited to the steep, rocky, rooty, gnar we have around here.

Hope this helps.