mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Triples on a Nukeproof Mega AM???

I.ve got a nukeproof mega AM pro, I'm taking it to Fortwilliam in the summer, has anyone put a set of triple clamps on one of these bikes before?
    Cheers
    P

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I would check direct with the tech chaps at Nukeproof on that one, quite sure the frame was designed to run singles only so the head tube area might not be beefy enough for triples, part of keeping the weight down on the frame. Should state in the bikes manual on max fork travel and type.

If your racing in the SDA/BDS/WC events and hope to contend for a podium your on the wrong bike.
    The 6hour Endurance event will highlite any weakness real quickly if your doing that.

If your there for a days jolly or not racing for a podium place then the singles will be fine, one of the locals raced on rigid forks last year, knocked out 12 laps in 6 hours in the Enduro (Jesse from Alpine bikes in fort william). The big gap drop in leading to the big wall ride is WC only.

Also singles leave you open to try out the other AM trail from the Gondola or the xc tracks, Glencoe is also well worth a vist for another chairlift day.
    Loads play on 5-7" travel Enduro/AM bikes, a handfull run hardtails, a full on DH rig will be faster and a touch more comfy.
    Depends on what you intend to do when there, race it or ride it.

(P.S. the fry up breakfast i feel is better at Glencoe than the Fort )

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pd344 View Post
    I.ve got a nukeproof mega AM pro, I'm taking it to Fortwilliam in the summer, has anyone put a set of triple clamps on one of these bikes before?
    Cheers
    P
    Don't bother, use the fork you've got and don't worry about damaging the frame all weekend. Also, the NP manual says the frame is good for 170mm single crown forks and no more, so fit dh forks and not only will you spend all weekend staring at the head tube, you'll have thrown the warranty out the window too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Always rentals on site.

Granted not cheap, but then that track will beat up there bike instead, reflected in the rental cost i presume.

Not sure if it's approved.... but the odd rental was rented and raced last year.