mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Wink trek slash 7 vs spesh enduro evo vs sc nomad vs yeti sb66 2013

hello evryone im in need of help from experts like you people here to pick my second bike. had a downhill bike first
    looking for an all around bike that can climb and take on downhill beatings.
    probably a ratio of 30/70 uphill to downhill.budget is -4k at the moment

already looking at these bikes but anymor sugs is much appreciated
    spec enduro evo or comp
    slash 7 2013
    sc nomad alum with coil shox and ram
    yeti sb 66 lower end option

also thinking of getting a double crown fork for dh
    will be upgrading them later as i progress

thank you!
    Last edited by king_kong; 04-10-2013 at 10:06 PM.

LCW
    mtbr member
    I agonized with similar choices a year ago. I went with whatever I got the best deal on (Jenson were blowing out frames). Plus I read some reviews and got the feedback I needed to make a choice I was happy with.

The dual crown fork thing - that alone might steer you to a Nomad - it's probably the burliest of the ones you listed.
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    I agonized with similar choices a year ago. I went with whatever I got the best deal on (Jenson were blowing out frames). Plus I read some reviews and got the feedback I needed to make a choice I was happy with.

The dual crown fork thing - that alone might steer you to a Nomad - it's probably the burliest of the ones you listed.

nomad...hmm its on top of my list just had a look on the uzzi and transition 250. intense cs seems bad reading from other people. need to hear from people who has transition tr250. thanks

mtbr member
    The Enduro Evo is probably the burliest bike, the Yeti or SC will probably pedal the best. I doubt any bike listed will warranty a dual crown if you're worried about that. If you do want a dual crown, Uzzi would be my call. I have a TR Blindside, love it and customer service is top notch.

mtbr member
    i ride a ns soda fr; definitely worth a look for what you ride. you can put a DC on it with the rear travel set to 180 or ride with 160 fork and 150m rear travel. burly but can be built up plenty pedalable too

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    thanks for all the replies, been looking at the uzzi but cs ive heard is bad, ns soda looks cool! had a look at canfield one and it looks like its the one heard there are some issues with the bb being too low? otherwise im set on this 2700frame . how much do u think would i be looking at to complete this bike any ideas and input on the bb on the one cheers

mtbr member
    I love my Uzzi. What bad have you heard? Mine is a 2011. The 2012 and up models are even better.
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

trail addict
    That is a solid list. Whatever fits the budget and feels good on a test ride...

All I will add is that the '13 enduro evo may be my next dream bike (that I probably won't be able to afford until I am buying a used one in 2016. )
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    You have listed the good crops of AM bike. And with your price point you could pick from wide range of very good bikes.

From 160mm arrays bike, I have owned original Nomad, Ibis Mojo HD, Pivot Mach 5.7 (not quite 160mm), my riding buddies own Slash 9, Spesh Enduro and old SX Trail, Intence Tracer 2, which I tried few times. I ended up with Knolly Chilcotin and I know it will be long before I would be tempted to change the bike.
    It's a tractor climbing up and plush heaven going down. Do a favor for yourself, search on "Chilcotin" and you'll find great comment form almost everyone tried it. I know my 2 of my buddies are steering off to get the Knolly.
    Don't decide to get any bike before you try a Knolly...
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The Mojo HD special blend ( available from Jensen) will fit your budget.

Great all day bike, ride anywhere type of bike.