mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Trek Session 77 as AM/Enduro bike?

Hi guys...I'd like to ask-I can have Session 77 frame-set for good price and I like it very much,but can I use it for Enduro(All mountain)/light FR(bikepark sometimes) with my RS Lyrik?Maybe with other shock(Fox dhx air).Is possible climb with it(I mean not for speed or time)Thanx for every answer.Peter
    That's the frame-
    http://www.trekbikes.com/int/en/bike...hive/session77

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    so your saying goodbye to Giant Peter..?

I think the session can be built op light. uphill will go a bit slower, but the fun you have on descents, jumps will be far more greater!

plus you have a good condition so it wont be a problem for you.

TNC
    noMAD man
    A riding buddy has a 77, and it's a great bike for the heavy-duty FR stuff he does. But the frame and shock are heavy from the get-go, so you'll always have somewhat of an anchor to start with no matter what the final build items consist of. Obviously it's possible to build just about any frame into a somewhat useable trail bike, but I think you'll be surprised how much money you'd need to spend to get it to that level. I like the 77, so I'm not dissin' the bike, but I don't think it's a good choice for anything reasonable for a trail bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I dont know the actual frame weight, But riders on the shore pedal their FR bikes to the top of non lift accesed mountians right?

But climbing is never a good thing on such bikes, but unpossible ? I think it is possible.
    Its never a big deal if the descent is awesome!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    hm...maybe I let this idea,It's beautiful frame set,but looks like really hadcore FR and I want to climb as well...all Iam looking for is Reign X

mtbr member
    I'd suggest one of the Orange Patriots. just about 180mm of travel, and if you are creative enough head angle can be adjusted by moving that little shock mount up or down a few holes. I think the main difference between the Patriot FR and the other version (the name escapes me at the moment) is maybe a slightly heavier tubeset and the FR version having a coil shock as opposed to the air unit on the trail version. not sure how much $$$ the frameset costs in USD, but it is probably a bit less than some of Canfield's latest offerings (One enduro bike, Sauce AM both would probably fit your purposes nicely, tho the One seems to stray more to the side of AM/FR)
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky View Post
    My butthole would pucker and invert until I was inside-out before I got to the bottom.