mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Trek remedy 8 2010 or Cannondale Jekyll 4 2011 or Trek Fuel EX 7 Black - 2011

which to choose? the remedy and fuel ex is the same price but the cannondale is 400 more, i really like the black/gold theme of the fuel ex... but will it be able to do a little bit of aggressive trail?

LightJunction.com
    I really like the new shock they've got on the Jekyll. Seems like it would allow the bike to be more versatile.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

Chubby Chaser
    My friend has a 2011 remedy 8 and it seems like an awesome all around bike. He can bomb downhill leaving all of us behind but still keep up with us on steep technical climbs.

The Jekyll seems like a great bike, and while I was bike shopping the guys highly recommended it saying it's a really hot seller. I test rode the claymore and absolutely fell in love with the way it rides. But IMO the cannondales with their 1.5" steerer tube is the biggest deal breaker. If you ever want to upgrade forks or stem it'll be a real pita.

Unless you strictly ride XC type trails I would rule out the fuel ex.

derp
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Goes Boing View Post
    But IMO the cannondales with their 1.5" steerer tube is the biggest deal breaker. If you ever want to upgrade forks or stem it'll be a real pita.
    Or you could just use a reducing headset ? Using a 1,5'' headtube is pretty common on AM/FR frames.