just ride
    Oct 2006

Titanium Hardtail 130mm travel for under $1500

Hi AM folks,

I know this is not so AM bike but I dont know where else to post it. Anyway, I want to replace my 456 on-one steel frame with titanium frame that has: 68 degree head angle, 72+ degree seat angle, 23" top tube, 16.0"-17.0" seat tube & 27.2mm seatpost. I plan on running a 130mm revelation forks on this rig. Please let me know which Ti frame I can get for $1500 (shipped/USA) that has the "springy" feel like the cotic soda or 1" travel feel like the on-one ti (lynskey version).

I saw there are few ebay brand Ti frame for under 1K but there's no review for these frames. I'm sure they're good frames also but I dont want to just buy it without knowing anything about them.

Thank you in advance.

BLAH BLAH
    Mar 2008
    Why not a 456 in Ti? what about a ragley?
    Whats this line for?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Try doing a search. There are some posts already on the subject. As for you $1500 price, you need to try to see if you can get the previous years models. I have a 2011 Lynskey Ridgeline LT. I like it but it's not what I really wanted. The bike is long. Long front and chainstays. It is real stable coming down the hill, climbs real nice but it's not the Santa Cruz Chameleon replacement I was hoping for. My Chameleon feels like a sports car but the Lynskey kinda feels like a sedan. Of course the Lynskey is more comfortable since it's Ti but it's not as exciting like driving a sports car.

I was looking at the On-one but wasn't sure about the Van Nicholas build quality. I looked at the Ragley but it cost more than the Lynskey. The Brodie Ti looked the best to me but the Brodie site wasn't updated and the email I sent to Brodie was not responded to.

mtbr member
    Ti 456 is your answer. Cheapest around. bar none. i've learnt....cheaper price comes with greater risks too... my van nicolas copy wasn't perfect but i sorted it out locally thanks to my mechanic. else i would have to send it back for a replacement.

the geometry that u are looking for (off the shelve frames) are very close to the v2 Ti 456. I love this agressive geometry. confident on the down and climbs well too (i use a talas). there aren't many Ti frames with HA as slack as the Ti 456 v2. Not even Lynskey 456.

Good luck!
    Let's ride...

Bikes!
    Interesting thread, subscribed!

I've been playing with the idea of replacing (or in addition to) my P7 with something Ti or possibly carbon, although the Chameleon does keep looking at me all sultry like!
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2015 Trek Farley 8

mtbr member
    Maybe this guy can help: Triton Bikes - Bicycles

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MaukaRunner View Post
    Try doing a search. There are some posts already on the subject. As for you $1500 price, you need to try to see if you can get the previous years models. I have a 2011 Lynskey Ridgeline LT. I like it but it's not what I really wanted. The bike is long. Long front and chainstays. It is real stable coming down the hill, climbs real nice but it's not the Santa Cruz Chameleon replacement I was hoping for. My Chameleon feels like a sports car but the Lynskey kinda feels like a sedan. Of course the Lynskey is more comfortable since it's Ti but it's not as exciting like driving a sports car.

I was looking at the On-one but wasn't sure about the Van Nicholas build quality. I looked at the Ragley but it cost more than the Lynskey. The Brodie Ti looked the best to me but the Brodie site wasn't updated and the email I sent to Brodie was not responded to.
    I apologize you weren't responded to, wonder if something went wrong. (possibly because we had to change our email cause of spam!?!) Anyway, if you have any questions we'd be more than happy to answer them if you'd like to email me! Cheers.

Titanium junkie
    I have rode a Van Nicholas, Zion to be exact, damn that bike was NICE!!!!
    Wouldn't hesitate to buy one.